• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

pay for flag officers

PiperDown

Donor
Reaction score
I find it interesting that the pay for flag officers is never listed on the pay scale sheets.
Although, I have heard that they "negotiate" their pay. Out of curiosity, I have tried to find the annual salary for some generals/full colonels but I have come up empty handed.

does anyone know the rates? Or have a link?

Cheers,

PiperDown said:
I find it interesting that the pay for flag officers is never listed on the pay scale sheets.
Although, I have heard that they "negotiate" their pay. Out of curiosity, I have tried to find the annual salary for some generals/full colonels but I have come up empty handed.

I don't know what or why you are asking this question.  You already know the answer:........They negotiate their pay.  There are no rates.  Therefore there are no links to any 'Scales'.  You may find some info in the DIN by looking up the Regs on Pay that will state these facts for you and how they are carried out.

There is a list for civil servants at the provincial level who make 6 figures or better that get's published each year. I think it's called the sunshine list or something like that. Not sure if federal level does the same thing or if military members would be included in such a list.

I know there is no set scale of pay.. but, I was just curious... specifically at the pay of the CDS..
The annual pay for the prime minister is an openly public table.. Its just funny that our top brass pay is so closely guarded.

Canadian Forces Pay Scale
(Link updated May 2009 to CF site, please advise forum staff if link is broken due to changes in CF site structure.)

Not sure why the fallacy of general officers "negotiating" their pay continues.

CDS is paid in the DM salary scale.  I can't recall what level the CDS is equivalent to.

Thanks Gunner..

Now, I know my earning potential when I am running this show.. LOL

Cheers,

Back