• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Patience pays off

double0three

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is another one of those "I got the call" threads, but it's different this time because finally I am the one who received "the call"!  :p

I have finally received an offer.  Those who talked to me on here before may remember I was initially going for pilot, but was just *barely* disqualified because a slightly higher refractive error in one of my eyes than what was allowed.  That was pretty dis-heartening, however I am on a new path now which I hope will provide equal challenge and opportunity.  I was given the option between a few different careers and finally settled on Signals Officer.  In anticipation I have been attending University (just started going again this year) and I am in the ROTP program.  I think it's going to be one helluva ride from here on!  Thanks for all those who gave help and support and good luck to those still trying to secure a career :)

Ha, the feeling of 'crisp' and excitement.
Best of luck!

It's good to see your determination to get into the CF. It should be an example for others to follow; never give up. It's too bad you weren't able to get in initially as a pilot, but I am sure things will work out for you as they should in the end.

Congrats and good luck.  :cdn:

derael said:
It's good to see your determination to get into the CF. It should be an example for others to follow; never give up. It's too bad you weren't able to get in initially as a pilot, but I am sure things will work out for you as they should in the end.

Congrats and good luck.  :cdn:

Thank you very much derael!  I can attest to the fact that if you have a goal in mind and continue to work towards it, you will be rewarded.  There were many times when my medical file would come back requesting additional appointments, testing and information I really felt like giving up because it seemed they would never let me in.  But I kept doing what they asked and it paid off :)

*Milnet.ca staff edit for site policy*

hey thats great man that you didn't just walk away from it all when it seemed to be going for the worst :)
I'm still waiting failed the first time i was 16 when i first tried then i got into trouble with some friends with the law which landed me a 3 year wait to reapply so now i just completed all my test on the 19th and just waiting for an offer now :)
good luck 

Thanks bravo2824!

Just coming back to say that I have finally been sworn in.  It was a pretty big day, been waiting a long time for this.  So it's official, you guys are stuck with me now!  :D

Back