• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PAT in my hometown?

CARPE_DIEM

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,
I start bmq n borden on sept.5 until Dec.11.
I ammarried with 2 kids and a house that I own. My wifes cousin is in week 4 of BMQ in St.Jean and he is also married with 3 kids. He called me the other day and said that if he will be stuck on PAT for more than a month or 2 the army will try to have him on PAT at 17 WING in Winnipeg, where we both live. I was just wondering if this is common or even possible, as that would make things easier on my family and would be nice. I am going artillery and he will be SIG OPS...if that matters. I asked my recruiter and she said she has never heard of this.
Thanks in advance!

-BARBARIAN

It can happen, but it depends a lot on your occupation and school.  Some schools may not want the hassle of spreading & managing PATs around the country.

Where possible, CFSME also puts members (married or not) of Holding Troop on OJT in the same location as thier family.  However, there needs to be a unit in the area that is willing to take the PAT and able to provide a relevant OJT experience. 

Only the Artillery School will be able to tell you if what you want is possible.

Back