• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Paranoid Of Being Disqualified For Using Shrooms

bsod

Reaction score
So I am applying for infantry reserve, recently in June I passed my CFAT, Force Test, and medical. All went well, I qualified for every single trade in the army with my aptitude test score.

I am worried because on the online recruitment portal I have been stuck on "final processing" for several weeks, I am worried this is from my possible use of psychedelic mushrooms. When I went to write my aptitude test, we had to fill out the form declaring all of our past drug use. The sergeant was insistent that we be completely honest with our drug use - which I was. I do not have a history of hard drug use, never consumed alcohol, done weed dozens of times, and shrooms 3 times ever, the last time being this past April. A week after passing my aptitude and FORCE test, I went to go do my medical, first thing the medic told me was that he wanted to talk about my use of mushrooms, I am paraphrasing but he said something along the lines of "typically we want to see recruits go a bit longer since their last use", I told him it was a very small amount and that I did not even get high from it, to which his response was something like I should be fine. Is it over? I am scared that I ruined my chances of serving in the army because I was honest with my use of shrooms. I have no criminal record, good references, again no other drug use other than weed - not even alcohol or nicotine.

Here's the thing, I received an email confirming that I have passed my medical, so this leaves me with the following questions, has my drug use been overlooked? Am I in the clear because I passed my medical? Or have I potentially ruined my chances of serving in the army. If I am indeed disqualified, is there anyway I can appeal?

Back