• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

paracowboy's Rules for Gun Fighting

paracowboy

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
this has been listed on several sites over the years. It's name has been changed, but the content hasn't. I've altered it slightly to meet my personal views, and to inject my personal humour.

paracowboy's Rules for Gun Fighting
1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns, one being a long gun. Bring all of your friends who have guns, and at least one friend with a long gun.
2. Bring ammo. The right ammo. Lots of ammo.
3. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
4. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
5. Decide to be AGGRESSIVE enough, QUICKLY enough.
6. Only hits count. A close miss is still a miss. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss. If you miss the first time, try not to hit in the same place with the second shot.
7. Have a plan.
8. Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won't work.
9. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose calibre does not start with a "4." Preferably, do not attend a gunfight without a long gun. (See rule #1)
10. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
11. Use cover or concealment as much as possible. Cover is better.
12. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours. Enfilade from Defilade.
13. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
14. In ten years nobody will remember the details of calibre, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
15. If you are not shooting, you should be moving, communicating or reloading.
16. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.
17. You should only be using a handgun in order to fight your way back to the place where you left your long gun. Nothing handheld is a reliable man stopper. (See rules #1 and #8)
18. Someday, someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you death with it because it is empty.
19. Never drop your guard. Know your surroundings. Watch '6'.
20. Move towards your attacker. "Close With, and Destroy, the Enemy". It is your job description, it is your motto, it will keep you alive.
21. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
22. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
23. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees. Head on a swivel.
24. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.)
25. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
26. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
27. Front Sight, Trigger Squeeze!
28. Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast.
29. Carry the same gun, in the same place, all the time.
30. There are no rules.

I think I've something like this somewhere else.... http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/GunfightRules.asp

But, it looks like you've added in a few of your own at least.

TheShepherd said:
I think I've something like this somewhere else....
I'd be surprised if you hadn't.
paracowboy said:
this has been listed on several sites over the years. It's name has been changed, but the content hasn't. I've altered it slightly to meet my personal views, and to inject my personal humour.

Back