• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Paid Milage?

Craig M

Inactive
Reaction score
I thought that I read on this forum that it maybe possible to get you milage paid, from you house to the armoury.  What is the distance required before the CF will start paying milage.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I believe its 12 or 19 Km, and I think its $0.12/ Km. Call your orderly room for correct details

Thanks for the fast reply.  I'm currently going 65 km one way, and driving a truck really doesn't help.

I will have to search around the armoury for the orderly room, as I was just sworn in last Thursday so everything is still pretty new to me.

Again thanks.
CM

Usually they will require a memo requesting commuting assistance (ask for help doing this) and then fill out a form and submit it to the orderly room for your mileage on a montly basis.  You will see your commuting assistance on your pay sheet.  An excellent way to reduce costs if you are travelling a fair distance to parade.  I travel 120 km one way and without it I wouldn't be able to remain in the CF.

To claim Commuting Assistance:

a.  The distance between your residence and work site must be over 16 km;  and
b.  Public transportation cannot be provided by Government sources, or adequate public transportation is not available.

If you qualify, you will be reimbursed at low rate (depends on which province you reside in) for road distance travelled in excess of 16 km.

I was wondering the same thing. On a commuter assistance form I got from my OR it says max 160km. Now, is that one way, or both? if it's both then it's a crappy deal, as I travel 300km one way to come in for weekend ex's for the next year or so.

Crappy deal?.... at least it's something more than nothing!
If you knew about the conditions before you joined... what are you bellyaching about now?

I say crappy deal because I was required to move temporarily due to an internship work term (so now I live 300km away from my unit), and instead of getting an attach posting to a local unit as I requested, I got an authorization to parade there on wednesday nights. Which means that my unit still expects me to come into town for weekend activities. Now, if I'm making the effort to drive 6 hours every weekend for an exercise (when half the local people don't show up), it would be nice if I got reimbursed for my gas money.

So, does anyone know for sure, is it 160km max one way, or 160km max return trip?

The max limit is not carved into stone.
you lived local when you joined (weren't clear on your 1st post)
If the unit knows that you are living that far away AND they are asking you to parade at their location, they certainly should be asked to pony op the cash for the gas... If they are not prepared to acceed to your request.... ask again to get an attached posting while you are going thru your internship

last resort.... Redress of grievance.
put your requests down on paper and ask that their replies be put down on papaer too... it's your right to be treated fairly.

In LFQA, there are some staff officers who live some 4 hrs away, they have a specialized tasking right now and the CF wants them to come HERE .... so the CF provides driver and vehicle (gas, vehicle, wages & rations) for the officers to show up.....

Wow, that's pretty impressive. Wish they would provide we with a paid ride in incl. driver and vehicle :). Somehow I doubt that would ever happen. Anyway, I guess I'll find out what the maximum km limit is for sure when I get my forms back that I put in, and I'll post it here.

Back