• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pace Stick and Sword?

Never seen it done in the Armour Corps in 22+ years.

Regards

recceguy said:
It is also normal custom in The Windsor Regiment (RCAC) for the RSM to wear his sword and carry his cane.
Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
Never seen it done in the Armour Corps in 22+ years.

Regards

Well, DP, we all know the Corps doesn't consider the Reserves truly part of itself. Unless they need people for course staff, deployments, exercises, GDs, equipment, enemy force, echelons, etc. ;D

j\k. Just to good an opening to pass up ;) We really are one big family. :salute:

the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada's RSM carries both in No1 Dress. This was at our Trooping and Colours presentation last year.

marshall sl said:
the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada's RSM carries both in No1 Dress. This was at our Trooping and Colours presentation last year.

Woah,

So a Highland Regiment RSM would in fact be carrying a pace stick, sword, dirk, and a sgian dubh.  1 martial stick, and 3 lethal blades... talk about a parade square ninja!  ;D

recceguy said:
Well, DP, we all know the Corps doesn't consider the Reserves truly part of itself. Unless they need people for course staff, deployments, exercises, GDs, equipment, enemy force, echelons, etc. ;D

j\k. Just to good an opening to pass up ;) We really are one big family. :salute:

I know I know.

Was a reservist myself eons ago....RSM never carried a sword for the 8CH and never saw the RSM for the PEIR do it.

Meh.

Regards

Jim Seggie said:
Sorry, I refuse to have the troops paint rocks when they could be shooting or getting fit.

Guards - on parade.  Their job is to look pretty.  The war thing is secondary.

I suggest you shut your mouth and think about the Guardsmen who have died soldiering.

And that is why many people here including myself have placed you on ignore.....

I've seen enough.

Welcome to the warning system, Dennis.

Staff

NFLD Sapper said:
And that is why many people here including myself have placed you on ignore.....

Milpoints work too....just saying. ;)

Back