• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

overseas and looking to join

JS_ibanez

Inactive
Reaction score
im a canadian overseas. i have citizenship but ive never actually lived in canada and its probably been a decade since i was last there.

im not comfortable applying on the net as its a confusing process which i dont fully understand. id feel much better applying in person at a recruiting office.

my questions are: where abouts in Canada should i be because i dont want to apply, get accepted and find out i have to move to the other side of the country

does being a canadian overseas change anything?

i tried to find the answers and didnt find much and my internet responds very slowly on this website. also i didnt find the official recruiting website to be very helpful, it was far too brief i found. am i looking in the wrong place?

thanks in advance

It doesn't matter where you are in Canada when you apply.  You will have to go to BMQ at St Jean, PQ, Borden, ON or where ever it is being held.  Then you will have to do trades training where ever that is.  Then you will be posted somewhere and although you can indicate where you would like to go, ultimately, the CF sends you where they need you.

As far as not living in Canada (and never having lived in Canada), it may slow your application process down when they do your background check, depending on what country (or countries) you have lived in.

Back