• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OT Fact Finding - AWS Tech

Wanderlust_77

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm looking to open up a dialogue with a Tech or techs from the newly re-established Air Weapon System Technician trade.

This is concerning a possible OT, so I'll more than likely have a lot of questions to field for anyone looking to help me out. Info on Borden, the school there, PAT wait times for OT'ing mbrs and of course details on the QL3/5 trg regimes would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Hey there,

I am in the same boat. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information going around as the trade has been newly re-introduced into the CF. There are several other people I know interested as well, but we are all going off what we can find on here and the rest of the internet. I've been known to be tricked by recruiting videos before  ;) so I am treating anything from the forces site as only a general overview.

If you get a chance, send AWST a message. He is in the trade and can probably give you some insight on the actual day to day work, but he wasn't sure about current course lengths and wait times. He said that a lot might still be up in the air as it has only recently been brought back. He is a pretty busy guy at the moment, so it might take him a few days to get back to you.  I have found forum members that are AVN techs or aircrew can also be of help when researching the trade.

Cheers.

I spoke with 'AWST' already. He was really quick to reply but pointed out some of what you were saying. In that he wasn't sure about the newly re-structured trades training.

You're absolutely correct about the recruiting videos being misleading at best. I've got a BPSO appt tomorrow WRT finding out some concrete info on the status of the trade. If I get anything worth passing on, I'll be sure to.

I'm a Spec-1 Sgt with 10 years in, so I've got a fair amount riding on this. I need firsthand info.

Back