• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Operation Northstar

P

Powerslide

Hey fellas. Heres the long and the short. We are a Canadian group of guys looking to provide gaming to Canadians. We are making a serious military modification of the popular online military game Operation Flashpoint. Some of you may have heard of the game. We are making all Canadian units, equipment and air support. We invite you to our site, if you have the game all our stuff is FREE!!. We will have a 24/7 server up shortly and welcome all members of the CAF to come out and play (even JTF2 which we have made already). Hope to see you all there!

http://www.operationnorthstar.com

Wherever it should have been posted, I just want to add my support for these talented artists. The mods work without any fuss and look terrific. A lot of hard work obviously went into the uniforms, weapons, vehicles etc. It‘s pretty neat to see an LSVW or use an ELCAN sight. Would be great to see more people get involved in mission making with these mods!

As long as the LSVW is accurate down to it‘s piss poor off road performance,squeeling brakes and lack of speed.At least maybe in the game the Elcan will actually work as advertised. :)

Wait until you get the LAV III, Bison, and Coyote. . .

Excellent work guys thought you guys gave up on the project... glad to see you still alive. I‘m pretty impresssed with the new add on especially the darkening retexures of the CADPAT uniform. If i have any complaints it would be about your choice in color scheme for your vehicals... erm why teal? Hope you guys will think about that like sending our soldiers out in hot pink! Keep up the wonderful work on your Mods guy make us all proud! Chow chow 4 now!

hehe. . , the reason some of the vehicle textures were bricht is because the ones that were were made from photos taken in the bright of day. . .

the new vehicles are actually olive. . .

haw

Thanx Sigma-6 & Powerslide oh btw just downloaded your new LAV-III and Bison just loving it! Been waiting for a long time and yay its not Teal ;) Much appricated boys u rawk!

On the contrary, those teal Iltises look exactly like the weatherbeaten, rusted up vehicles they make us drive at MTSC in Wainwright. They didn‘t bother me at all. Downloaded the LAV and Bison now, thanks for the update!

Have you updated opflashpoint.org yet? They have updates on all kinds of sites that just show pictures, no downloads (they‘ve been doing that Gulf War mod for months now and no downloads yet!)

Most impressive Gents.

Rest assured that once I get my sorry arse back from the other side of the ocean. I‘ll be online and whomping butts with this new add on.

I‘ve got the game on order now. Couldn‘t find it at my local future shop or walmart :( Had to get it from ebay. Looking forward to trying out the mods. Is the game itself any good?

Cheers.

I hope you ordered the Game of the Year edition, with all three campaigns for 45 dollars? You‘ll need the Resistance Pack, which is bundled into the GOTY.

The game itself relies heavily on scripted missions - but there seem to be a lot of talented mission designers out there. There are some weird bits - like contact grenades instead of fuze grenades (and you can‘t thrown them through an open window if you are crouching beside it, which thoroughly sucks) and vehicles like the Lav III can be knocked out by hitting it with hand grenades, or even shooting it with a pistol X number of times.

But the infantry stuff is well done, and the game shines in multiplayer.

Hey all,

Do you guys play large scale mp co-op missions? I am very interested in this game and have been trying to switch some friends onto it...

I like the idea of playing a helo pilot flying troops where needed...

Let me know if you guys get together to play at all.

Dylan

Operation Flashpoint is a wonderful game there is nothing else out there that ive seen tha compares to it. It‘s a civilian version of a USMC Simulator currently in use called VBS1 (Virtual Battlefield Simulator - 1) lots of modifications have been developed for it so game play never gets boring. I own almost every tactical shooter/simulator on the market and I would say this is one of my favorites as many people would agree. I‘m sure you will get lots of enjoyment outta this product, happy gaming!

I did get the game of the year edition. From what I hear about this game, it doesn‘t even compare in realism to all the other shooter games out there. I have a few other games, and some of my favorites are: Delta Force Black Hawk Down and Medal of Honor.

If you guys are interested in realism in "Army" gaming mods....check out this game:

America‘s Army

Awesome graphics and realism....and it‘s 100% FREE.

The game was developed by the US Army recruiting division to give people a realistic idea of what squad based infantry battles are like.

Authentic weapons, uniforms, vehicles etc....

Incredible online play for FREE as well.

The game is based on the Unreal 2 engine which ensures incredible graphics and real-life physics.

look for armyops190.exe in Google and you will find many mirrors to download. You should probably have a high-speed connection though....it is around 600 MB. Well worth the download.

I used to play Counter-Strike and Operation Flashpoint etc... but this one kicks serious *** and doesn‘t even cost you a loonie!

Send me a message if you want to play. I have a server up and running and am looking to start a clan for Canadian players.

>>>>>>Operation Flashpoint is a wonderful game there is nothing else out there that ive seen tha compares to it. It‘s a civilian version of a USMC Simulator currently in use called VBS1 (Virtual Battlefield Simulator - 1) lots of modifications have been developed for it so game play never gets boring.

Best military game ever made...VBS ownz too.. MY buddy just got offered a job there....

No offense Ditch but Delta Force Black Hawk Down and Medal of Honor blow goats compared to OFP. They arent even close in terms of realism.

The whole operation northstar squad is leet. Sup powerslide and boys, its Hit Sqd Waffen, Acknowledge‘s best friend.....You seen his updated Ackropolis?

I finally got my Operation Flashpoint GOTY. Very nice game, very realistic. Can‘t wait to try out some of the Canadian mods out, and hit the multiplayer zone. The server list is somewhat confusing though, do most of you connect through gamespy?

Cheers.

Gamespy is empty too. It seems there are very few people who play this game online??

Back