• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Olympics 2024 (rename from CAN Drone Recce of NZ Soccer Practice)

Fingers always crossed, and it ONLY takes a very few idiots to be idiotic.

Generally, though, if there were even the slightest issues with the boxer's gender, I suspect a government like Algeria's (where "The constitution declares Islam to be the state religion and prohibits state institutions from behaving in a manner that infringes on Islamic morals" and has a population that's around 98% Muslim) or the country's Olympic committee wouldn't have even allowed her on the team - at the very least - much less back her to the hilt on this one so far.

The latest: Khelif's apparently coming home with some medal at this point ....

Islam can be accepting of the LGBTQ+ 🌈.

I have and will be spending a considerable about of time in Turkey for the next while, and they seem to be very at ease about the whole thing.

While defiantly not as accepting as the west, they aren't totally behind the time either. I mean they aren't stoning them or throwing them off buildings.

I have and will be spending a considerable about of time in Turkey for the next while, and they seem to be very at ease about the whole thing.

While defiantly not as accepting as the west, they aren't totally behind the time either. I mean they aren't stoning them or throwing them off buildings.

Türkiye is constitutionally a secular country. Erdogan’s govt may have pushed it more to the religious side, but religion and state are separate.

I have and will be spending a considerable about of time in Turkey for the next while, and they seem to be very at ease about the whole thing ...
There IS a range, for sure, with places like Saudi being at the least-accepting end of the spectrum (BTW, enjoy Turkey while you're there).

Based on your links, Algeria strikes me as sitting somewhere between the looser Turkish and harsher Saudi end of the scale. According to one NGO source (highlights mine) ....
1722776757240.png
... transgender is a no-no, and if that's the case, my guess is that Algeria wouldn't be likely to have anyone dealing with such issues on any national team.

Back