• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer Review Board - Reserves

Pyrrho

Inactive
Reaction score
Any experience with Reserve Officer Recruitment? It's been a week since I had my Officer Review Board interview. During the meeting, the Captain chairing the interview informed me that I'd be notified within a day or two of whether or not they'll take me. It's been nearly a week and I haven't heard anything. This Board, to my limited knowledge, is independent of the recruitment process (though it sounds like the most crucial part). Should I pester the unit recruiter with any emails for follow-up? Or am I just being impatient? If the latter, how long before I should send a follow-up email? Is a lack of response a de facto rejection?

This is just a bonus: if you've ever been rejected having undergone the Officer Review Board process, were any reasons provided?

Thank you in advance. Patience is a virtue they say. I'm working to foster that. In the meantime, I hope ya'll have some answers.

Pyrho,

I have done 2 interviews for different reserve units in the last 1 and a half, both successful. Both got back to me in a couple weeks about their decision. If you were interviewed by a Captain, then he will need to get the final approval from the Regiment's CO before making a formal offer. That may take time as most Officers in HQ are part time.

The unit recruiter is there to aid you in the process, he/she should be willing to answer any questions you have. Saying that, a follow-up is a good idea regardless of the reason. I would follow-up thanking them for the interview and reiterate your desire to join the unit. Then ask if a decision has been made, and if not when a decision is expected. An email like that will not come off as impatient.

What unit are you applying to join? Send me a PM if you don't want to mention it here.

Back