• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Officer occupations – Which one should I choose?

Thanks for the good luck !!!

I want strictly the logi, not only because I am most competitive in for that position but also I want that type of job as my career as well.

Don't know what merit listed is. Can you explain?
I am in no rush whatsoever and as long as I get in th army (even in say 3 years  ;D ) than thats enough for me.

So whats merit listed? Is it like they want to hire you but no positions available so you have to wait until one opens? Are u considered hired when you are merit listed?

Van Gogh said:
So whats merit listed?

This explains the Merit List.

The Merit List Mega Thread of Questions 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/12776.0

[nit-picking on]

Can you type Log O or even Loggie instead of logi?  It hurts my head and my eyes keep reading it as yogi (as in basket stealing bear)...

[nit-picking off]

Way off topic from the original topic but here it is. I just got a letter from my cfrc stating that I was deemed uncompetitive and my file has been closed. I have not gone for my cfat or anything yet. I am kind of confused because I have extensive work experience, am reasonably fit, have a decent education, have had leadership roles and iv been in many team sports. Any ideas on what else I can do? I know I can call and ask a recruiter but I don't exactly have time for it throughout the day at this very moment.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Patrick Simoneau.

Pat.Sim said:
Way off topic from the original topic but here it is. I just got a letter from my cfrc stating that I was deemed uncompetitive and my file has been closed. I have not gone for my cfat or anything yet. I am kind of confused because I have extensive work experience, am reasonably fit, have a decent education, have had leadership roles and iv been in many team sports. Any ideas on what else I can do? I know I can call and ask a recruiter but I don't exactly have time for it throughout the day at this very moment.

Thanks in advance

Patrick Simoneau.

Can u give more info?
What position did you apply for, did the letter say why you were uncompetitive?

Did you make sure you meet all the basic requirements before applying? Education, etc....

Pat.Sim said:

Thanks in advance

Patrick Simoneau.

Not competitive enough thread.. >
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/109604.0.html
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/86089/post-841522.html#msg841522

Best advice you'll get is to speak with a recruiter at your local CFRC.

Thanks for the links, I for some odd reason didn't even think to search! I know the recruiter is my best bet, only they are open from 10-4 and I'm in course from 9-4 and I don't have a cell phone. Ill try to figure something out tho! and Van Gogh I applied for artillery, armored, and asiss. I did meet all the basic requirement, recent High school equivalency diploma with pretty good marks, decent fitness level etc. No the letter did not say why I was uncompetitive all it stated was that the military is very competitive and my application wasn't competitive enough
t
Thanks for the direction!

Patrick Simoneau

Pat.Sim said:
Thanks for the links, I for some odd reason didn't even think to search! I know the recruiter is my best bet, only they are open from 10-4 and I'm in course from 9-4 and I don't have a cell phone. Ill try to figure something out tho! and Van Gogh I applied for artillery, armored, and asiss. I did meet all the basic requirement, recent High school equivalency diploma with pretty good marks, decent fitness level etc. No the letter did not say why I was uncompetitive all it stated was that the military is very competitive and my application wasn't competitive enough
t
Thanks for the direction!

Patrick Simoneau

Its all very simple than, if you really want to get into the army than find out what will make you a competitive candidate than do it.
If you were uncompetitive in 3 trades,  it means its not evn the fact that there are too many applications for positions, its yur application instead.

Van Gogh said:
Its all very simple than, if you really want to get into the army than find out what will make you a competitive candidate than do it.
If you were uncompetitive in 3 trades,  it means its not evn the fact that there are too many applications for positions, its yur application instead.

You want to be a Logistics Officer?  There is even a spell check function available to use before you post.

:facepalm:

Eye In The Sky said:
You want to be a Logistics Officer?  There is even a spell check function available to use before you post.

:facepalm:

I'm guessing English is not Van Gogh's first language:

Van Gogh said:
I have passed Canadian Forced Aptitude Test Last year long time ago.

And spell check won't change "than" to "then"....  ;)

Pat.Sim said:
Okay thanks I will give them a call today.

You might want to ask them "why" you were not found competitive enough for ACCIS?  Based on your previous comments and the way you describe yourself, I think something is amiss...

PMedMoe said:
I'm guessing English is not Van Gogh's first language:

And spell check won't change "than" to "then"....  ;)

for responses like these I wish there was a like button and not just the MP system. Cant believe anyone went through basic or aspires to go through basic without acknowledging that there will be flaws in peoples writing and speach... we are a multicultural society afterall...

:bla-bla:

Try that excuse when you submit a memo up the CofC sometime. 

What is the minimum education requirement to get in the CF?  That is the minimum writing ability applicants should have in 1 or both of our official languages.

steiner0400 said:
for responses like these I wish there was a like button and not just the MP system. Cant believe anyone went through basic or aspires to go through basic without acknowledging that there will be flaws in peoples writing and speach... we are a multicultural society afterall...

OKAY! The like button.. ."THE LIKE BUTTON - Share the things you like.'' THIS IS NOT FACEBOOK!  :facepalm: >:D
I think you meant "speech".

nn1988 said:
OKAY! The like button.. ."THE LIKE BUTTON - Share the things you like.'' THIS IS NOT FACEBOOK!  :facepalm: >:D
I think you meant "speech".

I did, yes. You got me :p.  Being facebook or not, that doesn't change whether I like something or not.

I have been known as a keyboard warrior from time to time and I admit, sometimes I slip. . .

Eye In The Sky said:
What is the minimum education requirement to get in the CF?  That is the minimum writing ability applicants should have in 1 or both of our official languages.

If I'm not mistaken, you need a speaking and basic ability of writing in english. At least they have legible sentences and I know plenty of people whom have graduated from highschool, and college who still dont know the difference between words like; to/too, there/their/they're, your/you're, then/than, etc. . .

For some people thats not exactly an easy part of our language to understand. For me it's fairly basic, but that's besides the point.

Glad to see concern for our majority language, however your statement was ignorant and intolerant. Not to mention unfair due to the fact that you don't know Van Gogh on any kind of personal level and to attack someone who aspires to be in our countries armed forces based on their writing ability is down right rude.

Attack?  Ignorant and intolerant?  Please.  Be serious.  Or grow some thick skin; the real world isn't going to be all mamby-pamby and say "ooops, did I offend you, sorry let me wipe your tears away".

::)

Wow, a little comment turning a bit testy....At least it is not me this time.... :argument:

Meanwhile back at the ranch.

When your references were checked, how many of them were checked? They called one of mine 2 weeks ago and no one else has received a phone call.

My security back round check has taken over 2 months so far. So tonight I can do one of two things, go get some beer when I go over the border tonight to get gas or work out a way to put a like button on an army forum and a grammar checker too/to/two or as well for people that should of learned this in grade 5-7.......

Eye In The Sky said:
Attack?  Ignorant and intolerant?  Please.  Be serious.  Or grow some thick skin; the real world isn't going to be all mamby-pamby and say "ooops, did I offend you, sorry let me wipe your tears away".

::)

You didn't offend me personally. I just find it ignorant how you made it seem as though misspelling one single letter of a word is going to completely destroy the point of a memo in a CofC.

Again with this thick skin crap from someone else.

This has nothing to do with my feelings or how they appear to have been hurt (which they weren't). I didn't take anything written here personally, Just find it rude how you just hopped in only to attack the poor guys writing. . . Which actually wasnt bad. I understand clearly what he's trying to say. You obviously did too. If you're here to be an english teacher, you're in the wrong place, bud.

Either way, this has nothing to do with the thread, so I'm done with the whole thing.

I'll continue posting about my application for those that have been reading.

Back