• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Occupational Transfer - Reserve Infantry to Supply Tech

horatio749

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I have been an infantry reservist within 33 Brigade for 7 years now. About a year ago I started to get really bored with the same old yearly training schedule year after year and my attendance and morale were dropping. I requested a rotation in September to the CQMS and I have been really enjoying the work and challenges associated with this job. I have worked a couple of Class B opportunities with Supply techs and have enjoyed them all (minus the office politics).
I am wondering if a remuster to supply is a wise decision. I want further training for this role and I don't think I will ever want to go back to the floor and do the same old same old ever again.
I have been told the Combat Storesman crse is a joke so not too sure how interested I am in that.
I have thought about a CT to Reg's but my life just wont allow that right now.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

horatio749 said:

I'm not sure what input you are looking for.

CT to the regs is not an option for you and you don't want to be an infantryman anymore. Seems simple to me.

horatio749 said:
Hello Everyone,
I have been an infantry reservist within 33 Brigade for 7 years now. About a year ago I started to get really bored with the same old yearly training schedule year after year and my attendance and morale were dropping. I requested a rotation in September to the CQMS and I have been really enjoying the work and challenges associated with this job. I have worked a couple of Class B opportunities with Supply techs and have enjoyed them all (minus the office politics).
I am wondering if a remuster to supply is a wise decision. I want further training for this role and I don't think I will ever want to go back to the floor and do the same old same old ever again.
I have been told the Combat Storesman crse is a joke so not too sure how interested I am in that.

Thanks

Exactly what CDN Aviator said.

You don't want to be infantry anymore.
You can't CT to the regular force.

If there are no reservist supply tech positions in your area to try and OT to there isn't much you can do besides quit.

If you decide to stay in the P Res and want to try a remuster to Supply Tech, then you need to take a look at CFA0 49-11, Annex C.

*CFAO are not avail on the Internet and I am not a fan of posting links to IntraNet pages on here.

Cmbt Storesmen course, while not high speed/low drag is better than NOT having the crse at all.  I took it many years ago, and a Cl B job came up that required...Cmbt Storesmen.  Worked out good for me.  :2c:

Good luck with whatever you decide.

horatio749 said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks

Do you currently work Cl B, or just Cl A?

Back