• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Not what I expected after class...Don't Call Me SIR!

Quag said:
If you look at the QR&O's, you will see that OCdt. is a rank listed as an officer (QR&0 Volume 1 3.01).  ALL Officers CAN be referred to as "Sir", therefore it is not wrong in anyway.

Actually, from my experience, unless I am in training, I am referred to as "Sir", whereas in training it is OCdt.    In all honestly it's a whole lot easier and shorter than saying OCdt. Bloggins or Mr. Bloggins everytime.

Cheers

Well I believe what was originally said was that OCdts not required to be addressed as Sir or saluted....As for referring them as Sir while instructing on there BMQ...I have never/will never as that would infer that I hold them at a higher level as there course mates when actuality I do not I treat all of them the same....As Recruits nothing more as they have not even begun to prove they are soldiers...Only that they think they want to be one....As for refreferring OCdts Sir while in unit....There has only been one in the 8 to 9 years I have been in that I ever refreferred as Sir and that is because he had achieved rank of MBdr (was on my JLC/JNCO course) and actually had a clue as to what he was saying unlike most of them that figure that they as a OCdt. with 8 weeks in uniform have any right or knowledge that would allow them to order me, a MBdr 8 - 9 years exp, around....Don't really care who there mommy or daddy etc not gonna happen....OK better sorry if I went a little off topic with that rant....

VonGarvin, seen.  However, it is a very common practice to call OCdt.'s "Sir" after BOTP, from my experience (which is nothing at 3+ years, but its better than a couple weeks).  I understand that for Reservists it is different, as they are not OCdt.'s for long.

241, I'm assuming you are a Reservist, from your post.  I understand that Reservists are different and often move up in rank faster, and I should have been more specific, by saying that it is a common Regular Force Practice.  Something you may not know, is that some Regular Force OCdt.'s, MAY have more TI then some reservists MCpls.+.  A

Back