• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Not Sure, can somebody clarify this for me.

P

platinumfx

OK so I'm going to apply for the ROTP program soon, and part one of my question I guess is dose the when you apply for the ROTP do you apply for the trade at the same time, or are you just applying for ROTP? Well I'm interrested in becoming a pilot, so I would also like to know if they do take ROTP's for that trader, how many do they take? I was told that they have about 120 spots for DEO applicants, but haven't filled them in like 4 years. Is this true? If so   then do I stand a better chance of getting in for pilot. From what I have been told, I meet all of the physical requirements, like eye sight, I'm 6"0, weigh 160 pounds, etc.. Now the only thing that I require is the degree, I'm going to be attending the University of Manitoba to start my engineering degree in Jan. So once I have start the program, I plan on applying for the ROTP. The reason that I don't apply before is that I had crappy crappy marks in high school, cause well I just didn't give a rats @ss back then. So I plan   on showing them my university marks.

So dose anybody know what my odds of getting into the ROTP program are? Also what are my odds, of getting into the Pilot program as a ROTP applicant and not a DEO?

Thanks to all for any information that you guys, and ladies can give me. Thanks in advance.

FX. :salute: :cdn:

This is an extra add on. LOL I was also told that the 4 years of university would go towards my time in for pilot should I be accepted. Dose anybody konw anything about this. I don't think it's true, but then again if I knew the answer I wouldn't be asking. LOL

Cheers,

FX :salute: :cdn:

ROTP and DEO are two very separate entities.  If the CF says that they need 120 DEO pilots this year, it has zero bearing on how many ROTP pilots they will accept.

ROTP time will not go towards the seven years of Oblig service that is required of all CF pilots.  This service begins the day that you are awarded your Wings. 

I suggest you buckle down and study hard while at the U of Man.  RMC (ie ROTP) will want to look at your high school marks regardless of what you do at University - just something to keep in mind.

Attention to detail is very important in my trade - use spell check and recheck your posts before hitting that button.

Well thank you for the information. I was lead to believe that I would be able to complete my degree at the U of M, or is this not true. If somebody could clarify this for it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Also any other bit of info or comments, or even thoughts as to what I can do to better my chances of getting into the trade of Pilot would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Cheers,
Fx

You may want to consider getting your Private ticket. Getting a private pilot license (PPL) will accomplish a couple of things-
1. Show you are committed to the dream (PPL isn't cheap)
2. Test to see if you have the "hands" to do it.
3. Prepare you for ACS.

Cheers,

Zoomie said:
Attention to detail is very important in my trade - use spell check and recheck your posts before hitting that button.

Uh, our trade Mav.  ;D Well put amigo.

Bograt hit it pretty good, if you don't pass ACS, you won't be a pilot anytime soon. If you start at U of M, you may be offered ROTP for your last 3 years, but this is pretty rare. I had a friend do it, but he was taking Poly Sci, engineering may be different. Also, as Zoomie alluded to, you're going to have to work on the spelling, dose instead of does and shur instead of sure just won't fly when you're writing someone's PER.

To answer your first question, you pick the trade, then you go for the entry plan.

Cheers

FX said:
I was lead to believe ...

Should be "I was led to believe ..."
(but, don't worry - we're just pulling your leg for fun - pilots don't have to spell ... haha!)

hahaha...

Whats the diference between an engine and a pilot ?

The engine stops whining when the flight is over !

Sorry Inch, dont hold it against me , i might have to fly with you in the not so distant future !!

Damn it! The GIBs are ganging up! It's ok, I like you guys, someone has to bring the coffee.  ;)

My favourite pilot joke: How do you know when a pilot is half done his conversation? When he says "enough about me, lets talk about my aircraft".

Cheers

Ok , Inch..this one's should be right up your alley:

Whats the difference between a pig and a pilot ?

You dont see a pig walking around the bar drunk at 3am  looking for a pilot !!

What is the non-essential bus for ?

Takes the co-pilot out to the aircraft !

Whats the difference between a pilot and an FE in 1 wing ?

Eventualy the FE gets posted out of 1 wing !

Cheers

BTW.......its PB sandwiches...not cofee !!

Of course we can, we are all just one big vrew arent we........after all, we all had to suffer trough HPMA !!!

aesop081 said:
Of course we can, we are all just one big vrew arent we........after all, we all had to suffer trough HPMA !!!

Based on your "attention to detail" you must not be a pilot either.... ;)

Keep in mind I'm a pilot puke wanna be so take what I say with a grain of salt.

aesop081 said:

Ah yes, the all encompassing "you too are a part of the team" lectures. I can't believe we have to do those bloody things every year.

Another pilot joke: What's the difference between God and a pilot? God doesn't think he's a pilot.

aesop081, are you asking for 423?

NOOOOOOOOO    !!!!!!!

I will take what they give me but i would prefer 443 sqn or at the very least 407 sqn. I like the west coast and also, my kids live in Edmonton. But with my luck......
If you think having to do HPMA every year is bad...we have to do 13 hours of it before wings grad !!

Bograt:
Yes..it's true, i can't type but.....
In my Previous MOC, i used to clear land mines for a living so i think my attention to details is at least as good as yours..........and since i still have all my legs and arms, i would say i dont have a problem there.

Seen, you will spend some time out here though during the OTU.  We had to do the 2 day course too before wings, what a painful experience that was.

Yeah..rumour has is that OTU for guys going 124's will be in july next year.  Thats another reason for me wanting sea kings...getting OTU out of the way ASAP....CP-140 MOAT is not until october 05.

Not to mention that i still have to do sea survival, basic EW and SERE somewhere in all this !!!!

The Aurora OTU is about the same time frame for the drivers, Zoomie is kicking around here, he was originally slated for Auroras in Comox but due to the wait he managed to maneuver his way into Buffs.

Sea Survival is a blast, the pilot one is a week long since we do the single man and parachute stuff as well as the multi man rafts. SERE is a week as well, I think for everybody, it's pretty fun too. The winter is the best time to do that, no bugs but super cold, so pick your poison.

Cheers

Right now my poison is " Pilot, Radar...are you ready for a turn point breif ???"

Back