• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

No more AWACS involvement for the CF?

Cajun

Inactive
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else had heard about this yet...

<http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/06/09/pol-nato-awacs-canada-mackay.html>

Dang, what a great posting Geilenkirchen is.  One of the few carrots left in the CF that people could strive for. I spent 4 and a half years there and had a great time. Lots of work, but lots of fun. 

I wonder if this cost cutting will include the approx fifty Cdns on the USAF AWAC Wing at Tinker AFB, Oklahoma City, OK.

NATO (Germany) and NORAD (Tinker, Elmendorf, Tyndall, Colorado) are two completely separate beasts.  The article specifically commented on the draw down of participation in the NATO postings.

Zoomie, I know how to read, but possibly do not know how to express myself.
I wonder if this cost cutting will include the approx fifty Cdns on the USAF AWAC Wing at Tinker AFB, Oklahoma City, OK.

And the missions of the AWAC Wing is not all NORAD.

Gotcha...

I guess time will tell.  My posting is still a go...  :)

This is based on an unknown source of unknown reliability. personally, I've always taken reports like this with a grain of salt.  May be we should wait until will get something concrete before panicking.

Back