• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Night Observation Devices

D

D-n-A

This weekend, while on a FTX with my unit, we got the chance to use NOD‘s(Night Vision Goggles, an Starlight Scopes)

How long are you supposed to wear them for?
I notiched that after wearing them for a bit, your eye‘s start to feel kinda strange

Normally, who would be givin them?
Just the Driver‘s an Sect Cdr‘s?

(during the ex, we lucked out an got a lot of NOD‘s sent to our unit, so nearly everyone had either a NVG or a Starlight Scope)

also, the CADPAT uniforms seem to, dissapear while wearing the NVG‘s, is it the pattern or something it‘s been treated with that makes it almost invisible?

CADPAT is designed to not appear well in NVGs, because of the digital pattern (that explains it!), which apparently makes the uniform blend in with the fuzzyness that is present with NVGs. I can‘t elaborate much more, because I only used them during my SQ this summer.

On my unit‘s most recent EX we used the easily-obtainable EYES technology, which has both advantages and defficiencies, to observing Hostile activity. ;)

edit - grammar major i am not. :eek:

OK, after 8 consecutive misuses, I really really must say this. The use of apostrophe "s" is used only as the possesive form of a word or as an abbreviation. Example: Bill‘s shoes. The shoes belong to Bill. To make a word plural, you simply put an "s" at the end, no apostrophe.

Sorry, 1 mistake I can deal with, maybe even 5, but there are 8 misuses and it‘s getting difficult to read and understand these posts.

NVGs, Drivers, Sect Comds, NODs, eyes, etc.. Make sense?

You wear them as long as you need to, I‘m guessing but you were probably using the old head harness that comes with the actual set of NVGs. There is a better system out there, for both attaching to your helmet and as a soft mount. I got to use them on a recent operation, very nice when combined with the PAQ2 or 4.

As for who uses them, everyone should be proficient with them and be able to adjust them and use them with ease.

Our entire plt had them on a recent deployment and almost every picture of the RCR in Kabul shows them with the helmet mount on, so most of the fighting troops there probably have them if not all of them. So they are use quite extensivly.

Check out this site, very well done and some extensive research into NVGs and the weapons sytems to help you fight at night.
NVGs

Back