• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Next date for board selection for Reg. Force Med Techs?

elminister

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone know when is the next schedule date for the board to meet concerning Med Techs selections?

I was told they meet once every four months. Is it true?

Kincanucks could you please help. Thank you.

Sorry didn't do my search right away found some dates for selection board if they haven't changed from last year I will go with them.

Med Tech is an occupation for which CFRCs can assign applicants. CFRCs review the files in almost real time (or at least weekly), so, when your file is ready, you should be notified very quickly that you have been selected. Afterwards, you will get the details (when you will be enrolled, when you will depart for CFLRS).

kitrad1 said:
Med Tech is an occupation for which CFRCs can assign applicants. CFRCs review the files in almost real time (or at least weekly), so, when your file is ready, you should be notified very quickly that you have been selected. Afterwards, you will get the details (when you will be enrolled, when you will depart for CFLRS).

Does anyone know what other trades fall under this category?

kc

newair-oldarmy said:
Does anyone know what other trades fall under this category?

kc

Combat Arms trades for sure and some others that I can't remember.  I am sure kitrad1 can tell us the rest.

Sorry, folks, but I am away from the CFRC  right now...but I will get a list up by the weekend. If there are any specific requirements, just pm me and I will try to get an answer to you right away.

Regards

The following occupations, as of 10 July 06 are OSL trades:

Armoured Soldier
Arty (Field)
Infantry
Cbt Engr
Line Maintainer
Naval Weapons Technician
Boatswain
ATIS Tech
LCIS Tech
NCI Op
NES Op
NE Tech (A, C and T)
Comm Rsch
Mar Eng Mech
Veh Tech
AVN Tech
AVS Tech
Cook
Sup Tech
MSE Op
RMS Clk
Nav Comm
SOnar Op
EO Tech (formerly FCS Tech)
Sig Op
Med Tech
AC OP

Hope this helps. Good luck to all.

Thanks Kitrad.  Does OSL also apply for someone doing a CT or is that only for new applicants?

kc

newair-oldarmy said:
Thanks Kitrad.  Does OSL also apply for someone doing a CT or is that only for new applicants?
kc

Because there are more variables in play such as BMQ Bypass, IPC levels, etc. for CTs which are determined by CFRG HQ, the OSL is for off the street applicants only.

kincanucks said:
Because there are more variables in play such as BMQ Bypass, IPC levels, etc. for CTs which are determined by CFRG HQ, the OSL is for off the street applicants only.

I was told otherwise, but maybe I misunderstood, or CFRC was just telling me generally about OSL.  If I understand OSL correctly, it is those trades where CFRC can load the member on BMQ.  If that is the case, how is the member loaded on their trades course?  Still through CFRC, or through the requisite school?

navymich said:
I was told otherwise, but maybe I misunderstood, or CFRC was just telling me generally about OSL.  If I understand OSL correctly, it is those trades where CFRC can load the member on BMQ.  If that is the case, how is the member loaded on their trades course?  Still through CFRC, or through the requisite school?

Well I left recruiting three weeks ago and I don't think it has changed that much.  CFRC don't load people on trades courses so Because there are more variables in play such as BMQ Bypass, IPC levels, etc. for CTs which are determined by CFRG HQ, the OSL is for off the street applicants only.  I am sure that kitrad1 will straighten me out if I am wrong.

Thank you kincanucks.  Sorry, I should have amended, or added a post earlier.  I called my CFRC and questioned them again about it, and yes they were telling me about the generalities of OSL, vice that (not) applicable to CT's.  What they had been trying to say, in a roundabout way was that there wasn't a board for those trades.  I just sometimes feel like I am pulling teeth when I call to question them about my file and procedures.  So thank you again kincanucks, as well as kitrad1, who has been helpful too.

Back