• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

News Paper Article

Sgt_McWatt

Inactive
Reaction score
Today well I was reading the news paper I got myself to the letter to the editors section. One letter addressed Adrian Clarkson being in France for the D-Day ceremony. After expressing how She was the Queens representation IN CANADA. and that the queen was there representing herself quite well. He went on to say that he believes its time we got rid of Clarkson and the position of Governor General all together. I agree that The Governor General did not have any business attending that service nor was it required because the Queen was there herself. She should have been at the national war memorial in Ottawa. However I would never consider getting rid of her. Even if her role is purely ceremonial and she has no real authority any more I believe she represents what we are and a piece of our past. Am I wrong??
:cdn:

I'd like to agree with you, but after that little trip she pulled with 59 of her friends...I'm almost tempted to say we really should get rid of the position.  At the very least, if we want to keep it around for ceremonial duties, we should limit the amount of power and money that can be controlled by the GG.  It's inexcusable for her and 59 "dignitaries" to be flying around the world on a government funded vacation while our D-Day vets are being told they can't be flown over to Normandy because we don't have the money.

As much as I dislike saying anything against the Commander-In-Chief of the Canadian Armed Forces, I think that Clarkson was very obviously a poor choice.  She now thinks that she is the Queen of Canada, not the Queens' representative.

The GG does not have a role in representing the Queen in foreign countries.

When the Queen comes to Canada, the GG is out of a job.

Somehow Queen Adrianne was briefed improperly, or she has just simply assumed the position.

Either way, she will be gone soon.  Whoever the Prime Minister is will replace her as soon as is possible without causing too much of a stink. 

Oh I agree completely that Clarkson is not at all who we want people seeing as one of Canada's best. She definitely shouldn't be representing some one like the queen. But I am saying if we where to get  a GG with at least half a brain. Who understood their duties, responsibilities, and boundary's.

I was in Ottawa for her "coronation" (don't know what else to call it). I was right in front which was good, but this one tourist kept (literally) shoving out of the way so he could get his camera in positon.
Either way, she will be gone soon.  Whoever the Prime Minister is will replace her as soon as is possible without causing too much of a stink.

But who will Harper replace her with? 

Adrienne Clarkson was also at our D-Day parade (Sutton, ON) yeah it's a lil piddly *** (pardon my language) town, but she was there. She put down a wreath representing the Queen.

Ya but thatwas in Canada thats her job. The D-Day ceremony in Normandy wasn't in Canada though obviously. Doesn't she have advisers that told her she shouldn't go?

Back