• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

News from the British Army (This one's from the top)

ReadyAyeReady

Inactive
Reaction score
For anyone who's interested...and I know there are some of us out there who applied or are considering applying to the Brits as an officer...

I just got my response from them today (Application was sent in mid-december).  They have recently (very recently) changed the requirements for all overseas candidates.  Officer applicants are now required to live in the UK immediately before applying, for a period of time specified by the MOD.  According to MOD, this period of time can be up to 5 years!

The reasons for the change is security related as a period of residency will allow MOD to carry out a more comprehensive security background check on applicants who are not UK nationals (My guess is that this residency period will allow time for the applicant to develop a history in the UK).

So a word of warning to those wanting to serve in the UK, you could be waiting a long time!

This change is very recent as I know that prior to last november they really did not enforce the 5 year residency requirement (Refer to Pieman's experience in the UK if anyone is not familiar with the changes being made over there.)  Hmmmm, can anyone say "Post 9-11".

Anyway, I'm 26 and its just too much of a gamble for me at my age...so if you want to go British, then do it sooner rather then later!

Time to start seriously considering the CF!

Good Luck and if anyone wants me to paste the letter I got in full then just let me know!

I'm applying to the Brits too so I'd like to see the letter if possible. Do you know if the new rule also goes for NCM's?

Back