• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Standard Issue Helmet

Thorvald said:
though I assume it was made in Quebec under contract like everything else in the Military...  ::) 

LSVW.....made in BC
C7 made in Ontario
Fragmentation protection vest made in BC
Intergrated Clothing ensemble made in Winnipeg
Combat Veh Crew glove made in Winnipeg
Lightweight thermal / mortar glove made in Winnipeg
Wide-Brim combat hat made in Ontario
Combat sock system made in Ontario
Tac Vest made in Ontario
Small pack system made in Ontario

Yeah, you are right, everything in the military is made in Quebec

::)

Question.  Does Canada produce a lot of our own Military gear because its cheaper than import?  Or does it just better reflect the country if we supply our own military?  Just out of curiosity cause the thread above looked like all our stuff is made here. :cdn:

http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article.php?a_id=113938

Our helmet is made in the USA by a company called MSA

Haha OK see NOW I'm getting confused cause everyone seams to think its manufactured in a different place.

In the US you say?.. I can believe that

MedTechStudent said:
Haha OK see NOW I'm getting confused cause everyone seams to think its manufactured in a different place.

In the US you say?.. I can believe that

Can you read the link i posted above........?

MedTechStudent said:
Question.  Does Canada produce a lot of our own Military gear because its cheaper than import?  Or does it just better reflect the country if we supply our own military?  Just out of curiosity cause the thread above looked like all our stuff is made here. :cdn:

IIRC from mess chats, we imported the Iltis production line from Germany, had them produced by Bombardier, and apparently it ended up costing twice the unit cost in 1980's dollars...

Other examples of vehicular SNAFU is the LSVW *shudder* Loud Squeeky Vehicle Wheeled... Gotta love 'tactical' night road moves... " I wonder where the convoy..." EEEEEEEEEK... "NVM"

MedTechStudent said:
Ok I'll bite....what does "SNAFU" stand for?  ;D ???

http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-52,GGLG:en&q=SNAFU

God,

This is painful some nights...

dileas

tess

MedTechStudent, take some advice from someone who has been where you are now:

spend some time reading on this forum, instead of posting every question you have. God invented Google for a reason, after all. Also, spend some time reading all the links that Recceguy posted for you in the F88 thread. It's best to lay low for a while and get a feel for how the forum runs, instead of being overly enthusiastic. When I first joined the forum, I made an ass of myself and was promptly sorted out by the staff. I followed their advice and layed low.

All the best

Pat

N.Grundle said:
i keep searching around to find the name of the CF combat helmet, so dont yell at me for wonderin' but whats it called?

You want the manufacturer name or the CF system name for it??

If the CFSS name:

HELMET, GROUND TROOPS'-PARACHUTISTS

ArmyVern said:

Really?! Wow pretty high speed name! Why make that distinction anyone know?

MedTech said:
Really?! Wow pretty high speed name! Why make that distinction anyone know?

Uhmmmm,

Because both ground troops and parachutists wear it??  ::)

That's just an uneducated guess mind you.

ArmyVern said:
Uhmmmm,

Because both ground troops and parachutists wear it??  ::)

That's just an uneducated guess mind you.

hehehehe well see whenever you see the term 'parachutists' you assume 'wow HSLD must be Gucci'

The Canadian CG 364 MSA/Gallet helmet is an outdated design with a poor suspension sustem. It does not interface well with our vehicles and FCS, and doesn't wok well with the body armour. The current issue MSA Gallet TC 2000 a sused by the US Army is superior in terms of suspension system and interface with equipment and FCS systems. The higher cut of the helmet allow for a full range of motion when used with load bearing equipment or body armour. The suspension system provides much better protection from impact and shock than our helmet does, and is much more adjustable than our outdated system. The TC 2000 alows for comfortable wear of communications and hearing protection, something ours does not.

I am confused does that mean you can wear on the ground as well as in an airplane?

kincanucks said:

I am confused does that mean you can wear on the ground as well as in an airplane?

Only for short periods, otherwise it would be called HELMET, GROUND TROOPS'-AIRCREW

They slowly begin to deteriorate in high altitiudes.

dileas

tess

p_combat-asault-helmet.png

This one above (Combat Assault) is made by Global Armour and similar to the TC 2000.  Both much better than the issue Gallet.  However the ones in charge up in Ottawa have deemed this one above and our Special Forces helmet seen below, unsuitable for Afghanistan.  The reasoning from what I'm told is the issue one covers more of the head therefore offering more protection.    ::)

Special Forces helmet
p_special-forces-helmet.png

Back