• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NEW RCD REGIMENTAL COINS STAMPED

reccecrewman

Inactive
Reaction score
Just to bring it to the attention of all RCD & ex-RCD wherever you may be.  There is a new Regimental coin been stamped and they are available at the RCD kit shop at CFB Petawawa for $10.00.  They are beautiful coins, gold in colour with the Springbok on them.  They are also numbered and upon purchase, your name and rank are taken down and the coins owner will be placed in a Registry.  Will try and see if I can get photos uploaded here.

Regards

May have to drop in and get one before they're all gone.    ;D

Regards

Can we gets some sent down to the School kit shop? If not I will put the word out and see if theres any interest down here. I know I want one.
Thanks

Could you give me the name, CSN number & a contact person for your kitshop in Gagetown?  I'll check in with our kit shop staff and see if Norm can arrange something.  If it can't be done that way, PM me and I can get one sent out to you.

Can Strats and Rubber Boots buy one, hoping to pass themselves off as Dragoons?  >:D

Actually, I just found out today Norm's being moved to another position - WO Bryant is taking over the kit shop. Will pass your message onto him.  ;)

Is this the same coin the Regt. was handing out about 7 or 8 years ago? It has the Guidon on one side and the Springbok on the other.We were givin them when I was there at the time. Coins seem to be the thing to hand out,,,my collection is starting to be a collection...Just a note on the kit shop here at the School,,,It is difficult to get Regimental apparell here, as I assume it is difficult to get Armd Corp stuff at the different kit shops. I realize it is all seperate kit shops(businesses)Maybe we could share some of the goochy stuff or supply a catoloque.

Yep sounds like the one they use to issue you on your first parade to me.Do they still give em out?

I'll be stopping by to get two today, I hope there's a few friggen coins left.

also reccecrewman check your PM's ref a kitshop question, thanks

No - these are new issue coins.  They have the Spingbok on one side with "THE ROYAL CANADIAN DRAGOONS" across the top, "AUDAX ET CELER" on the bottom.  The reverse has the Royal Cypher badge with a Springbok in the centre (Same badge as on our brass scarlet helmets) with a number stamped on the bottom.  Upon purchase, your name & rank is taken and recorded in a Registry so we know who has what coin. Also, unlike the old coins - these are shiny bronze rather than the dark brown bronze or copper we used to have.  400 were stamped, they started selling them last week, there's roughly 300 and some change left.  They don't get issued, you have to buy them at the kit shop & they're $10.00

Regards

Back