• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CIC training system?

CIC are not a priorities...i can take a big amount of time to treat your file....don't think it will be done as fast as you are thinking...mine took 14 month back in 1998

Mine took three years and three times to get it past the  RCSU level (long story) buit once the CF took over it was pretty swift. Just keep on your RCSU once you've submitted it to see where the progress is. What region?

Best is to get trained whenever you have the ability.

PAC Region. I have heard a anything from 2 months to 3 years. I think if all the ducks are in a row it will be ok. My CO really wants to push it too.

without disrespect...your CO wont change a thing in the balance...

Start your application soon and you can always turn down a course if it goes fast and you do not want to start you course now.

freindly advice ;)

Yep, done application stage now, waiting to hear back from RCSU should be done mid june/july. Sounds like if I get to take training soon, I will be on the last BOQ course ever at RCIS (Pac) in october.

I am certain it's not September; there were some issues identified after the trial courses for BOTC and OCC that will require a new trial being done - that is the gossip as of last month at least  ;D

http://www.cadets.net/pac/rcis/FileLinks/08-09TrgSchedule.pdf

Again, this may vary by region but ya, if they discovered that changes need to be implemented, it may be back to the drawing board so to speak.

cheers

PV

I only assumed that I would be on the last BOQ course in October because of the regional event calander. Who knows which one is right. Hopefully I don't get ropped into the new trial. Wrong element for RCIS (pac) keeping fingers crossed. How bad could they mess it up......... hmmm let me think. Not going to answer that pending my enrollment. Which I am happy to say is coming to an end. Finished all the hoops at CFRC, just waiting for one of the security checks to clear and then good to go. Hopefully somebody lets me know. My CO is in Vernon now.

http://www.cadets.net/pac/cal/Default.asp?Cat=*CIC%20Training

PViddy said:
Again, this may vary by region but ya, if they discovered that changes need to be implemented, it may be back to the drawing board so to speak.

cheers

PV

BOTC is a nationally mandated course, without a syllabus it cannot run, right now, there is no syllabus.

BOTC is a nationally mandated course, without a syllabus it cannot run, right now, there is no syllabus.

???

BOQ or BOTC is a training requirement in the CIC yes, but how courses are run, when they are run and what is taught is, at the current time, decided by each region.  That is the whole point of all the new courses, is standardized training in every region so that all BOTC's contain the same curriculum.

cheers

PV

Back