• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Nervous about being accepted.

Mudshuvel said:
Also, dress pretty. If you don't have a suit, wear khakis and a nice shirt with shoes. Its a job interview, just like any other.

I have a suit but it's a formal dress suit that I last wore to a wedding. Would that be a bit too much?

Mudskip said:
I have a suit but it's a formal dress suit that I last wore to a wedding. Would that be a bit too much?
If it's along the lines of a business suit, then that's fine.  Make sure that it's ironed, your shoes are clean, and be well-groomed.  In spite of this day and age where people like to pretend that they don't have prejudices: they do.  And having said this, first impressions matter.

Earlier it's been said that you should research your preferred trades.  That is very sound advice.  You don't need reams of info, but a basic understanding helps.  And during the conduct of the interview, relax, but don't slouch.  Maintain eye contact, and for the love of all that is holy, if you have a cellphone, iThing or Crackberry, TURN IT OFF PRIOR TO GOING IN.  If you nod to everything he says, muttering "uh huh" as you text away, you will make a very lasting impression; however, it won't be the one you want.

In summation, as someone said earlier: this is a job interview.  Treat it as such. 

Tell us how it goes, and I wish you the best!

Mudskip said:
Passed it! Thank you all again for keeping my morale up. Now I just need to worry about the interview  :eek:
Congrats. Just wondering are you applying for regular or reserves?

Peeves said:
Congrats. Just wondering are you applying for regular or reserves?

Regular.

I'm off to bed now. Have to be up in 6 hours to get ready :) Thanks for the suggestions.

bleh did horrible on the interview since I only have a GED it turns out I could only apply for 1 of the 3 trades I chose and I didn't look up much info on that one.

I also have to get another blood pressure test they said I might have "White Coat Syndrome".

As a applicant myself, all I can say is DON'T GIVE UP! I have had bumps in road toward my goal, although I'm sure different than yours, and at some points it would have been easy to throw in the towel, DON"T. If you have to wait to apply again, wait. If you have to get extra medical clearance, do it. You've come this far, don't quit over a little bump in the road. Good luck to you! :salute:

Back