• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need help with VAC claims...

Caravan21

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day,
I will be release medically in the near futur and I would like to know if someone can help me filling my claim for VAC.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Caravan21

If you want to have a face to face with an actual person, you can try the local Legion.  I know that there is a Rep from the Legion who works a few days a week at the Hosp in Petawawa to help people with their claims.  There may be one near you.

George Wallace said:
If you want to have a face to face with an actual person, you can try the local Legion.  I know that there is a Rep from the Legion who works a few days a week at the Hosp in Petawawa to help people with their claims.  There may be one near you.

I live in Gatineau.  I do have a Rep from VAC but he is not willing to help me write my claim.  It's something that I didn't have to do in the past and I don't know what to write in my claim.  Apparently the phrasing is very important when you want to claim a disability. 

Thank you for your help.

Caravan21 said:
Good day,
I will be release medically in the near futur and I would like to know if someone can help me filling my claim for VAC.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Caravan21

As you are in Gatineau, the IPSC is located to the left when you enter the main entrance to NDMC. (1745 Alta Vista Dr) 

As GW said the Legion may be a good start. Each Branch will have a Veteran Services Officer and contact info for him/her will be available at the branch. Most often all they'll do (dependent on training/experience) is take  the intial info and forward you on to the Zone or District VSO who will be more knowledgeable.  You do not have to be a Legion member to access these services. Going the VSO route also ensures  that any documentation sent up to VAC is tracked and some VSO can be quite tenacious in dealing with bureaucracy.

The two closest branches I could find near Gatineau are:

http://www.everyoneweb.fr/lrcfiliale58/

http://pages.videotron.com/legion30/

George Wallace said:
As you are in Gatineau, the IPSC is located to the left when you enter the main entrance to NDMC. (1745 Alta Vista Dr)

A bit "nit-picky" here but 1745 Alta Vista is no longer "NDMC".  ;)

PMedMoe said:

A bit "nit-picky" here but 1745 Alta Vista is no longer "NDMC".  ;)

Yes, we call it "the building formerly known as NDMC", or

prince_symbol2.jpg

I am really confused about this whole process. What are the resources that can help with the application process? IPSC was no help. VA was no help. I was told that they do not deal with pension forms, and I was "On my own".  :cdn:

You said that IPSC located at 1745 Alta Vista Dr. in Ottawa was no help? Maybe you were talking to the wrong person? The office there also has VAC  Client Service
Reps who are there to help military members who are waiting for a medical release, or are in the process of applying/receiving VAC awards.
If you want, send me a PM and tell me who you were speaking to, and if it isn't the right person, I will give you a couple of names and numbers over there for contact.

snowball17 said:
You said that IPSC located at 1745 Alta Vista Dr. in Ottawa was no help? Maybe you were talking to the wrong person? The office there also has VAC  Client Service
Reps who are there to help military members who are waiting for a medical release, or are in the process of applying/receiving VAC awards.
If you want, send me a PM and tell me who you were speaking to, and if it isn't the right person, I will give you a couple of names and numbers over there for contact.

Note the avatar and profile - he's in BC.

Quote from: Caravan21 on April 06, 2011, 12:18:04
Good day,

Caravan21

This is what I was referring to above- 

snowball17 said:
Quote from: Caravan21 on April 06, 2011, 12:18:04
Good day,

Caravan21

This is what I was referring to above-

Give your head a shake, yes Caravan is in PQ, and Private Davidson the person who posted as having issues with IPSC is  a) a different person and b) at the other end of the country and therefore probably dealing with a different IPSC.

Pte Davidson, as noted ask to go see a Veteran's Service officer from the nearest Royal Canadian Legion branch.

Danjanou said:
Give your head a shake, yes Caravan is in PQ, and Private Davidson the person who posted as having issues with IPSC is  a) a different person and b) at the other end of the country and therefore probably dealing with a different IPSC.

Pte Davidson, as noted ask to go see a Veteran's Service officer from the nearest Royal Canadian Legion branch.

Thank you for the assistance. They e-mailed me some forms to fill out. I am now waiting to hear back as to where I am supposed to send the forms to. Darn postal strike!

Back