• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need advice: Miniature CD medal Replacement

• Thread starter Deleted member 585
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 585

My father‘s miniature CD medal is missing and I‘d like to restore the mount to its original condition.

I may have headed in the wrong direction by considering an application for replacement from the Directorate of History and Heritage. The DHH site only mentions full-size medal replacement as far as I can tell.

Would a replacement from Coins-Militaria.com be suitable?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

ST. Onge, are you talking about the minature medals for mess-dress? If so, check at some of the larger Canex‘s. I remember seeing some at the the Canex in Gagetown a while ago, but I can‘t remember seeing a CD minature there, but I remember seeing a Cyrus one and that tour closed to us Canucks about ‘92. So if they can have that one, I imagine they have the CD minature, order one or tell you how to replace one.

Unit kit-shops usually carry them, or ask your local court-mounting expert...

If you cant find it there try this addy
www.joedrouin.com
hes EX military and home of the CDN AIRBORNE Kit shop he has good price‘s too

St. Onge, I recently found a great place in Nova Scotia that does mountings, cleanings etc and has replacements for full size and minis.

Don‘t have the business card on me now (I‘m at work) but I did forward all the details to Mike as I thought it would be a useful resource, try sending him a PM.

try the place over in shearwater to see if they have them, they are located in warrior block.

Thanks to all for the advice.

I‘m squared away and should be in contact with someone about a miniature within the next couple days.

Cheers.

Back