• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NDI Card

xavier92

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I recently got accepted into the reserve and I am starting my BMQ this weekend. I was flipping through the order booklet and it says that i need to have my health insurance card which is not an issue but it also requires a NDI card type 10 or 20. However, I did not acquire such card yet. Will I have to apply for it before heading to the training or will I acquire it at the base? Is my driver license good for identification for now?
I tried calling my recruiter and brigade but there is no answer.
Thank you!

Ok whoa whoa.... Slow down!

Don't call brigade over this, this is something your home unit will have to deal with. You should of filled out a form for this when you joined the reserves. (I know you filled out a lot). It would of said Military Police on the top right corner.

If you don't have it you don't have it. I know people on my basic who didn't get their's until after basic. I got mine in the middle of the week between weekends.

Contact your home unit and ask them to when you will get it. (If you can't get ahold of your recruiter before basic, ask your course staff what you should do.) Keep in mind, units will be standing down in a week or two. Leave a message/email the unit recruiter about your situation and when you show up for basic and they ask for it, tell them you don't have it. But yes bring your driver's license that is better than nothing.

Cheers,

Have fun this weekend.

Are you going to the part-time BMQ for the 34th starting this week-end?

Like runormal said, contact your home unit. I went to mine yesterday for this reason and it took about an hour before they give it to me (NDI 10, temporary one). The form is fairly simple to fill. Just give them a call and it shouldn't be a problem.

Haha, thanks runormal.To be specific, I called the recruiting center and not the actual brigade my mistake. I will contact my  home unit this tuesday during parade. I might sound ignorant, but my home unit is where my trade unit is located right?

Flying golf cart: Yes! 34th signal regiment ,you as well?  Did you acquire your NDI card yet?

Cheers

Yes!

I guess I might see you there if we are on the same BMQ (I'm on the french one).

According to the instructions (if I remember correctly) for this week-end BMQ you need your NDI 10 or 20 for Friday night. If you're with the 34th Signals Regiment in Westmount like me you should contact them today and go get your card tonight if possible. Also, in our case the parade is wednesday and not tuesday. I got confused too as I had no clear instructions since the beginning. If you have any question you can send me a message I'll try to reply ASAP.

Also, be sure your name is the right one on the list (there were some issues with mine, twice) and I suggest to double-check every piece of information and every detail, just in case.

Cheers

xavier92 said:
Haha, thanks runormal.To be specific, I called the recruiting center and not the actual brigade my mistake. I will contact my  home unit this tuesday during parade. I might sound ignorant, but my home unit is where my trade unit is located right?

Flying golf cart: Yes! 34th signal regiment ,you as well?  Did you acquire your NDI card yet?

Cheers

Ok, recruiting center is much better  :p still not the right place, but that will be a lot better then calling brigade.

Yeah home unit is wherever your unit is. So yeah 34 signals is your home unit.

Back