• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NATO Veterans Organization

Too bad there's no mention of Kosovo on their application form  ::)

Wanna give us some insight to this organisation?

It's still a bit sketchy so far.

Regards

Great Idea.This org may be just what we need.I was beginning my NATO service was a waste of time.My cheque will be in the mail shortly.

I'd like to know who's involved, some numbers, breakout for other chapters, how other chapters are to be administered. Fraternal ties with other organizations? Or is it completely stand alone? Did the CF concede to the use of their tri service logo on the correspondence? What about the other orgs and their logos? Is the org licensed? Way to many questions to be answered before I send $10.00 off to an organization I know nothing about. Sorry, just caveat emptor.

Franko said:
Wanna give us some insight to this organisation?

It's still a bit sketchy so far.

Regards http://natoveterans.org/
joordens@nbnet.nb.ca <joordens@nbnet.nb.ca>

<    NATO VETERANS         

Yes, you have reached the first ever website of Canadian NATO Veterans that have served under the NATO flag in Europe and some of our serving members of the Armed Forces that are still in Afghanistan.

The serving in Afghanistan has kind of stirred us, as they are not recognized any where in Canada and should be. This N.V.O. is also the first group in Canada that will be coming together to be recognized. About 125,000 armed forces have been with NATO in Germany, Kosovo and Afghanistan and their might be even more places

Our Aim is to make Canadians aware of the existence of these 125,000+ but especially our Ministers of the Government like the Minister of Defense, Veterans Affairs Minister as well our Royal Canadian Legion.

Our Second Aim is to honour our 570 members of the Forces that are buried in Europe as well as the 927 Dependents since 1951. They are buried in 44 cemetery's and we have them listed with us.

Since 1993 our fallen soldiers have been flown back to Canada, ie from Bosnia and Afghanistan and these total Honour List of our 13 Canadian Soldiers and 1 Diplomat while being engaged in a wartime situation are part of the:

NORTH ATLANTIC TREATY ORGANIZATION  ( NATO )

Updated 7 Apr  2006

Sgt Marc Leger                    "A" Company 3rd Bn PPCLI 17 Apr 2002 Afghanistan War 2002

Cpl Ainsworth Dyer              "A" Company 3rd Bn PPCLI 17 Apr 2002 Afghanistan War 2002

Pte Richard Green                "A" Company 3rd Bn PPCLI 17 Apr 2002 Afghanistan War 2002

Pte Nathan Smith                  "A" Company 3rd Bn PPCLI 17 Apr 2002 Afghanistan War 2002

Sgt Robert A. Short                3rd Bn The Royal Canadian Regiment    2 Oct 2003 Afghanistan

Cpl Robbie C Beerenfenger    3rd Bn The Royal Canadian Regiment    2 Oct 2003 Afghanistan

PO2 J.S.Morissette                Royal Canadian Navy      13 Dec 2003 SFOR Bosnia-Herzgovina

Cpl Jamie B. Murphy              1st Bn The Royal Canadian Regiment    27 Jun 2004 Afghanistan

Cpl Andrew D Johnson          1st Bn The Royal Canadian Regiment 29 Jan 2004, R.C.D. Bosnia. 

Pte Braun Scott Woodfield    2nd Bn The Royal Canadian Regiment  24 Nov 2005 Afghanistan

Mr Glyn Barry -        Diplomat CDN Reconstruction Team - Kandahar 15 Jan 2006 Afghanistan

Cpl Paul James Davis            "B" Company 2nd Bn PPCLI-Kandahar    2 Mar 2006 Afghanistan

M/Cpl Timothy Wilson        "B" Company 2nd Bn PPCLI - Kandahar  5 Mar 2006 Afghanistan

Pte Robert Costal                "C" Company 1st Bn PPCLI - Kandahar  29 Mar 2006 Afghanistan

MAY THEY REST IN PEACE             

The response of our first announcement is good and more questions of members are going out after the 17 Mar 2006. At present we have a list of 40+ members that are interested in hearing more and we had our first meeting on Thursday March 30th 2006 at the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch # 4 on Upper Queen St in Fredericton.

In order to check out the list of war graves in Europe of Armed Forces and Dependents check out

http://admieapp.forces.gc.ca/pwg-tag

and you will be surprised of the numbers and their ages. You can search by name and place of cemetery. This is a good site for families who lost their offspring both in the military and/or dependents

Please contact us by clicking on the mailbox

8 Apr 2006

Sounds like a very good idea, but I can't seem to find a web page address for the new site.

Thx!

milnewstbay said:
Sounds like a very good idea, but I can't seem to find a web page address for the new site.

Thx!http://natoveterans.org/

I'd like to know who's involved, some numbers, breakout for other chapters, how other chapters are to be administered. Fraternal ties with other organizations? Or is it completely stand alone? Did the CF concede to the use of their tri service logo on the correspondence? What about the other orgs and their logos? Is the org licensed? Way to many questions to be answered before I send $10.00 off to an organization I know nothing about. Sorry, just caveat emptor.

biltron090,

Thanks for the info... I think the more information that you can provide about this association the better. I suspect there are many people anxious to support it who are trepidatious without details such as the stated aim and purpose of the association.

Cheers
Mike

Back