• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name The Weapon!!!

MGC M-76. Or at i barking up the wrong tree?
I know its not WW2 but it looks similier except the barrel, theres no sleeve.

Hale said:
MGC M-76. Or at i barking up the wrong tree?
I know its not WW2 but it looks similier except the barrel, theres no sleeve.

It's a continental resistance weapon made from the ground up but based on a famous SMG.

Well yeah, it looks like its based, roughly, on the Sten, although with even cheaper construction costs but all i know that looks like its current form is m-76.

Nope, definitely not a Grease Gun and I don't believeit evolved into the m-76.  It is based on Sten MK.II blueprints and is of Danish origin.  It wasn't really manufactured by a company or ever used by an organised army.  Like I said, pretty obscure....Just looking for the nick name.  It stumped me on another forum and I wanted to see if anyone could pick it out here.

BAM! Well done mate, its the Owen Gun. Destintive features include the fluted gas vents, the front sight (on an angle off the barrel) and the butt, as well as the magazine feeding from the top (cant see that here) and the fore-grip. We used it right up into Vietnam and i'm sure if you asked Wes he'd tell you that it wasnt long ago that he saw one somewhere.

Your go,

Right but Hale skipped the line, no one guessed DirtyGogs photo yet.

Shame on you Hale you have to guess right before you can post a pic.

Sorry mate, my bad, i thought that was had been put to bed because no one had a clue. I stand humbled :p

Time to put the one I posted to rest.

Its a Filialen "Babygun".

Essentially a downsized Sten MK.II for concealed carry, it was basically a futher development of the Holger Danske "Fossgun":
Fossgun1.jpg

Build either from the ground up, or at a period using shortened barrels from Suomi SMG's stolen from the danish police (Danish cops often aided the Resistance), they where easilly carried under a coat or in a bag or briefcase, and where rather succesfull PDW's.

Seen here is a Filialen worker testing both a homebrewed Sten MK.II and a Babygun.
Dobb-rorsk-bojle-opt.jpg

The Danes made many Sten versions, below is a British Sten MK.II (top) and a long barreled "Ringen" (bottom).
ringen.jpg

This just goes to show you, you cant hold people down, even when they have no guns, they will just make them!
gaston-opt.jpg

Emils-gruppe-opt.jpg

Courtesy of a friend on another forum.

Now thats what this site is all about, teaching each other cool stuff! Lets see something else weird, obscure and right up the alley of someone here. Lets post some sort of gat people!

I've been lurking this site for a while and finally decided to break cover... This is my first post,  a fairly unusual SMG.
Hint#1. It's not what it appears to be at first glance...
Hint#2. Locally produced, it was made in both semi auto and selective fire....
1985_064.jpg

Close... but it's not what it appears to be... There are detail differences between the CZ and this one. Further details: aluminum folding stock, 40 rd mag, not made in Europe.

I's say it's a Sanna 77, which is essentially an unliscenced copy of the Czech CZ 25

Close! Right continent, wrong country. 'nother hint: It was made in the same country as the LDP.

Back