• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mystery objects/ Balloons over north America

No way, that’s quite far apart.
It’s a separate incident with yet another object. The NOTAM in MT was lifted but will be reissued tomorrow when efforts resume to interdict the object.

It’s a separate incident with yet another object. The NOTAM in MT was lifted but will be reissued tomorrow when efforts resume to interdict the object.
That’s interesting. Does that imply they have a solid enough radar fix to be able to determine location and vector?

Maybe fragments may reach Montana? I don't know.
Apparently the airspace has been reopened for the time being, but there's another object they are tracking? Tanker is RTB.

Edit: KevinB beat me to it.

That’s interesting. Does that imply they have a solid enough radar fix to be able to determine location and vector?
It sounds like they need visual assistance for some of it, based on the way they shut the op down when it was dark.

It sounds like they need visual assistance for some of it, based on the way they shut the op down when it was dark.
Makes sense to me that they would want to watch it visually thunder in. Makes recovery WAY easier.

P3 needs a 4300' runway, and 5500' to clear 50'.

There’s a few things that factor into it. Runway friction, predicted max engine power performance, weight, etc. Generally speaking though, colder temps = better performance and they’re likely not carrying heavier search stores (active load) or bomb bay stuff.

Suitable Alternates and weather at them is something that might factor in farther up north for On Station time ability.

Apparently 2 x F-22 and 2 X CF-18's where scrambled. Why did the F-22 shoot down the object over Cdn territory "on order of our Prime Minister"?

Back