• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MSVS SMP (Mack) reception

I didn't notice the Russian origin before, I had to look it up. I assumed as they are a Renault truck they were made in France.

Mack has a plant in Hagerstown, Md. where they manufacture axles, transmissions and rear axles under one roof. The engine is a Renault DXi 11 Which appeares identical to the Volvo D11/Mack MP7. the transmission is Allison and the transfer case is ZF. I'm not sure what axles they went with. As they were assembeled in Canada. It would seem odd to ship engines from Europe when they make the same engine in MD. But business does odd stuff all the time.

It's possible Russia uses Kerax trucks but they likely support homegrown designs first like the U.S. does. The U.S. did buy the Unimog but they have Freightliner badges on them and they are more a tractor than a truck.

I don't think any truck in the world will handle the mud in Ukraine right now. As for the ditched ones nothing will run without fuel. Kamaz trucks i believe are very capable in skilled hands by the youtube videos of them i have seen.

How do the 8x8 Kerax based trucks we received compare to the Man 8x8 we had in the 80's in Germany?

I didn't notice the Russian origin before, I had to look it up. I assumed as they are a Renault truck they were made in France.

Mack has a plant in Hagerstown, Md. where they manufacture axles, transmissions and rear axles under one roof. The engine is a Renault DXi 11 Which appeares identical to the Volvo D11/Mack MP7. the transmission is Allison and the transfer case is ZF. I'm not sure what axles they went with. As they were assembeled in Canada. It would seem odd to ship engines from Europe when they make the same engine in MD. But business does odd stuff all the time.

It's possible Russia uses Kerax trucks but they likely support homegrown designs first like the U.S. does. The U.S. did buy the Unimog but they have Freightliner badges on them and they are more a tractor than a truck.

I don't think any truck in the world will handle the mud in Ukraine right now. As for the ditched ones nothing will run without fuel. Kamaz trucks i believe are very capable in skilled hands by the youtube videos of them i have seen.

Meanwhile - that sanction didn't last long.

Meanwhile - that sanction didn't last long.

Yes. But just a note here Renault cars is not Renault Trucks. Renault Trucks is a Volvo AB brand which is not Volvo cars. Volvo AB is Renault trucks, Mack, Volvo trucks, Provost, Nova Bus and Arquus Defence.

Volvo cars is owned by Geely of China.

Renault SA Group is cars. Their brands are Renault, Alpine, Dacia, Renault Samsung, AutoVAZ, and are part of the RenaultNissan Alliance.

For some crazy stuff watch the Netfix special on Carlos Ghosn. He was smuggled out of Japan in suitcase.

Back