• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP says welfare recipient with 3 homes and a grow-op should be deported

Spr.Earl

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
MP says welfare recipient with 3 homes and a grow-op should be deported

LANGLEY (CKNW/AM980)-- B.C. MP Randy White is demanding action against a Langley man he claims lived on welfare for 10 years while acquiring three homes and running a grow-op.

White, the Conservative MP for Langley-Abbotsford, claims Phu Son has been on welfare from the first time he arrived 10 years ago. He was recently busted for drug-dealing.

White claims Son owns three homes, one in Abbotsford, another in Aldergrove and yet another in Langley worth almost $375,000 dollars. White wonders how a person living exclusively on welfare can own three houses.

The 48-year-old Phu admits he once grew pot but not anymore. He also admits to being on welfare but now claims to work on a mushroom farm.

On March 22nd, Son pleaded guilty in Surrey provincial court to producing a controlled substance. A judge gave him a 9-month conditional sentence to be served in the community with 25 hours of community service.

But White wants the federal and provincial government to explain why son‘s homes weren‘t seized as proceeds of crime and why no one bothered to launch an investigation into Son‘s welfare claims. White thinks people like Phu Son should be deported and his property seized.

http://www.cknw.com/news/news_local.cfm?item=7010&c=1

If they would only legalize marijuana and mushrooms and soforth he would be a productive farmer contributining to the economy and to society...

He already contributes to BC‘s economy..lol. I‘m from there, I know. Pot might not be taxed, but it sure as heck causes people to spend a lot of money on food (munchies), video games, drinks, busfare or gas to go get their weed, other entertaining activities that they may be inclined to participate in while they are high such as lazer tag or going to movies, blacklight bowling or whatever. Not to mention businesses (semi or completely legitimate) such as hydroponic shops, flower and garden centres that sell supplies.

Not that I think pot is a good thing, and I haven‘t done it in like 6 years. Still the point remains, it does contribute to BC‘s economy whether they like to admit it or not. I think this guy on the other hand, provided that what the MP says turns out to be true, should have his property sold off and the proceeds split between the local RCMP drug task force, and some drug rehab/awareness programs in the local areas. He should, if found guilty, be deported back to his place of origin because we have enough problems with our own citizens acting like this, we don‘t need new more problems.

Originally posted by nbk:
[qb] If they would only legalize marijuana and mushrooms and soforth he would be a productive farmer contributining to the economy and to society... [/qb]
So its o.k. that he was ripping off the B.C. welfare system? Bud...I think you‘re on the wrong forum. Try the one that is sympathetic to the residents of Salt Spring Island. They might agree with you but we sure won‘t!

He would not be ripping of the welfare system if he was allowed to work in a real job. However the law denies him that, so he must grow his crop illegally. The backwards laws in this country force him to rip off the welfare system.

And welcome to Army.ca.

So you‘re saying that he was legally denied a job? He applied for hundreds of different jobs and was tuned down because he was legally unfit for employment?

No. You‘re saying that because he couldn‘t be employed legally as a criminal, that it‘s somehow unfair. Boo hoo, the government won‘t support my career as a hit man, or a drug smuggler, or a shoplifter. He was never forced to rip off the welfare system. He chose to become a criminal and IN ADDITION to the proceeds from his illegal activity, he chose to defraud the government of tens of thousands of dollars (if not more) by claiming he needed welfare, when he didn‘t need the money at all.

Your sympathy is completely in the wrong place, kid.

Originally posted by nbk:
[qb] He would not be ripping of the welfare system if he was allowed to work in a real job. However the law denies him that, so he must grow his crop illegally. [/qb]
Is that what your long hair, dope smoking, civvie university profs teach you?

Grow up and get with the program. I invite you to test real life anytime you want!

Slim

ya, ripping off the government when you deal drugs is a definite ‘should not do‘. Welfare is supposed to be there for people who need it, not people that have a small drug producing empire and own three homes. WTF are you thinking? Sure, if he couldn‘t find a job, he needs welfare to help sure. I can understand that in todays economy. IF he makes enough to purchase THREE homes in roughly ten years, he doesn‘t need welfare. He should have found a way to flip the money to make it legitimate...cover it up I don‘t care. He was not only doing illegal things that are not good for people and are against the laws of this country, but he sealed the deal by committing fraud against every decent taxpayer not to mention making welfare benefits even harder to get for the poor souls who actually deserve it. Whatever, he‘s a criminal both ways and should be treated accordingly.

I'm sorry, I was having trouble following this thread as I was "high" and my cheesie poofs kept blocking the screen. My attention also waivered as I was watching the weather channel for 29 hrs. So how do I get these houses and grow my own weed? I seem to recall something about applying for welfare, but that's like... to much effort, fuck it.

What?

I hear Carl Jr's burgers are great, where can I get one?

Huh?

What if McDonald's started selling weed?   :evil:

On a semi-serious note, even the Fraser Institute has come out on the side of legalization. Go figure, never thought I'd see the day when the suits and the gigglers were on the same side of the grow op eh? ;D

Most dope dealers collect welfare, this gives them a cover and they get to apply for a place in the low-rentals where most of their business is located.

Enzo said:
What if McDonald's started selling weed?   :evil:

It would probably be low-quality and full of preservatives and the food inspection agency would be all over them for selling shitty drugs!

Maybe there would even be a law enacted to make them list the ingredients on the side of the baggies!

They could do all of their advertising in B.C. on Salt-Spring Island (Home of Canadian druggies!)   :blotto:

Maybe they could show Ronald McDonald smoking the stuff with Grimace! (He must do the stuff already if he dreesses the way he does!) ;D

Wouldn't Hamburgler be the one to push that product? He has that shifty look eh.

Sad how Welfare/and RCMP/and political system targets one person over another...

Here is a true story happened last year...Duncan BC guy brings home a mom rotti, and her pups for his wife and kids, mom is a wako, and for no reason stabs the mom dog over and over again with a kitchen knife, grabs one of the puppies, and kills it right in front of her two kids ages 6 & 8, Guy wisks injured mom dog, and the surviving puppies out of the house, and a passer by saves the mom dog, and gets the RCMP and BCSPCA involved. 

It gets to the courts and the womans 'social worker' steps up to the plate and goes on and on about oh this poor woman was abused, this poor woman is a drug addict, this poor woman is a First Nations person, blah blah blah, so she is really a nice person.

In spite of the mountain of evidence, and witnesses, and in spite of this being a 'red flag for more to come situation' the Case gets dropped.  :eek:

She still has her kids, and she is still walking the streets prob' waiting to stick a knife in a humans back, and she still has welfare. :rage:

So IMHO the whole system is shot to hell when a sick person like that can get away with that,  most likely end up doing worse in our society, and raising I'll bet one warped bunch of kids.

Then here we have this guy with the grow op is some sort of most wanted criminal.
The whole system is shot to hell IMHO.  I so hope the Conservatives have some answers.

BTW: Scaming wealfare..not cool IMHO, but growing pot..I don't do it  or grow it, but I can tell yah in my area it is a cottage industry that is keeping many towns from going belly up.  Esp' after our government let the softwood industry goto hell.

Cheers!
P.  :-\

I dont get it this guy collects welfare does some illegal activity during the process buys 3 homes etc. yet we have single parents forced off Welfare to take whatever work they can get, some dont even qualify for daycare subsities. What a system, if a Cdn born citizen is caught cheating the system they face possible jail time plus they have to pay back the G'ovt the amount of money which they recieved while they were collecting welfare :mad:

What this guy did was illegal, enough said, he should be dealt with accordingly just like if he was drinking and driving. The legalization of pot issue has nothing to do with the fact that it is STILL illegal to run a big grow op. If the law says that you can't and then you try to prove you can, and you are caught, then no matter what your argument is you are still wrong. I am blessed with an ability to look at things very black and white, too bad more of these hippies were not.

I remember about 5 years ago in NS a guy was nailed with a bunch of pot. He shows up to court whining that it is for his glaucoma or whatever the excuse was. The Judge says, 'No matter, still illegal and drills him for it. When it comes time for sentencing this guy is again whining because the nature of his illness would keep him from physical labour (The Judge was considering community service) The Judge thought about it and said, "Well perhaps you can help some little old lady with her gardening seeing as you have such a green thumb" Case closed.

Back