• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

move auth & Reserve Class B's: ~Plz~ Reserve Admin expert needed

H

hayder.aqiqi

I took a Class B mata/pata backfill which was 50weeks long.  As soon as it finished, without skipping a heartbeat I was (with my permission of course) renewed on another mata/pata backfill for another 7 months.

If you're an expert you'll no doubt know that both of these B's had "no move auth" listed.

I recently came across a document on the directorate of pay and benefits administration ( I think it is ) Addendum A9.06 which clearly states that someone who was on contract for a period less than 1 year, but who is extended beyond that first year to anywhere less than 3 years, may very well be entitled to a move auth.

I've already submitted a memo, which got denied, stating that because I am on two separate Class B's it doesn't qualify.

I'm asking a few questions here.

If that is correct, and I'm SOL...what real chance do I have to redress this?

If that is not correct, what scenario WOULD allow that A9.06 to come into effect.

As a husband, double parent of a 2yr and 1 month old, and a sole provider, I'm beginning to feel very frustrated by how Reservists are treated.  I'm expected to do everything the mbrs around me are doing, but am being left out of a fair bit...not to mention have to fight hard for what is mine.

IF THE REASONING BEHIND THE MEMO DENIAL IS CORRECT my redress point is mainly, flexibility/modification.  It's not as though I'm going to another base and working another contract.  I'm at the same unit, doing the same vital duty...just because the two contracts are separate shouldn't negate me from that entitlement?

Because they're two separate contracts, not an extension of one single contract, I think you're SOL.

The real kicker is that if you were entitled to a cost move then you'd also get PLD, which can be quite substantial.

You can redress it, I don't think it will go anywhere. 

are you 100% sure that is exactly the reason?

So is the ONLY case when A9.06 will kick in is if it's the same contract?

ASIDE: Do you know WHO is paying my contract? Is it coming out of the posted unit's budget or my trade HQ?

what is PLD?  Post Leave Differential?  Why would I be entitled to that...ref plz.

dang...more pessimism ouch :( ... why do you think it won't go anywhere?  Is it not a valid point that I've raised? 

Clearly then, DND is cheating people like myself out of a fair bit of money-are they not?

MATA/PATA are paid out of a national budget, not your local unit nor your trade HQ (which is a term I've never heard before).

Cost moves are the exception, not the rule, for most Reserve employment.  The period of employment must be for a minimum of 1 year at the outset before any extensions or additional periods of service.  On the intranet, look up the ADM(HR-Mil) homepage, select "Compensation & Benefits" from the right-hand menu, then find "DCBA" or "Director Compensation and Benefits" for more details on the relocation program.  However, given that your initial period of service was less than one year I believe you will not receive a cost move.  In addition, you are not currently on an extension; rather, you are in a second period of service which is consecutive.  Nit-noid point, but relevant for cost moves.  Patchwork employment to surpass a year does not qualify.

All that being said: can you provide more information - what was "home" before you started working on class B, and where are you currently working (just the locaiton, not the job)?

Back