• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Moscow Theatre Attack - 22 March 2024

Just breaking… At least 4x active shooters in a concert hall, many dead, building on fire. Lots of video including of the shooters actively firing into groups of people.

This is awful on its own, and could also have tremendous ramifications depending on who Putin blames.
This is horrible, no matter who perpetrated it. Anyone who thinks he won't pin this on UKR should be drug tested.

Two weeks ago:

US Embassy in Russia 48hr extremist warning

The Embassy is monitoring reports that extremists have imminent plans to target large gatherings in Moscow, to include concerts, and U.S. citizens should be advised to avoid large gatherings over the next 48 hours.

Actions to Take:

• Avoid crowds.
  • Monitor local media for updates.
  • Be aware of your surroundings.
US IC was aware.

One in custody, 4 are holding hostages.

Some saying this is IS-K, but Q why those assholes would be attacking Moscow.

Two weeks ago:

US Embassy in Russia 48hr extremist warning

US IC was aware.
Apparently so was Canada:

First 24 hours rule. Assume everything is bullshit til proven or strongly evidenced.
I was just about to say...

Give it a day or 2 until the smoke clears (unfortunately, I mean this figuratively as well as literally) and something solid comes out before we jump to conclusions

That being said, I'd say it's reasonable to speculate there's a good chance UKR will be blamed, with a sprinkle of NATO.

I hate to say it, but it might be a fairly reasonable assumption on their part - like was posted, the US Intel community was aware an attack was imminent, and felt confident enough to put out an advisory.

From the FSB perspective, the fact that the US intel community knew something beforehand could be viewed as them being complicit.

Curious to see how this pans out...

The obvious rejoinder to "Ukraine did it!" is to observe that everyone knows a terrorist attack manifestly inflames public opinion towards supporting belligerency, and Ukraine is pretty much the last country to want to inflame Russian public opinion that way.

The obvious rejoinder to "Ukraine did it!" is to observe that everyone knows a terrorist attack manifestly inflames public opinion towards supporting belligerency, and Ukraine is pretty much the last country to want to inflame Russian public opinion that way.
Also the election has already happened with record support for Putin and his mustachiod propagandist whose name I forget has already declared this is a war, not merely an SMO anymore.

In this context I don't really see the immediate benefit to Putin of blaming it right on Ukraine. Might be more useful to blame internal opposition or minorities within Russia.

Could even be disgruntled Wagner. But I suspect it does not matter who they were, because Putin will use it to his advantage.

Back