• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Montreal Anglos almost snubbed

templeton peck

Inactive
Reaction score
Isn't Canada supposed to have some tough laws on hate crimes/speech? I guess it doesn't apply to Quebec? On a positive note, I feel I have a better sense of empathy for what visible minorities must feel like when they live somewhere where they are not welcomed. Too bad, this celebration was becoming more inclusive in the last few years, now this old and tired sentiment has come out of retirement again.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Anglos+battle+bands/1699133/story.html

templeton peck said:
The vast majority of French Quebecers don't even condone this crap and yet we cater to this fringe group of nuts.

Most of french quebecers did, in fact, condemned that crap. From the french newspapers to the Quebec's Parliament, almost everyone did. However, the fact is that yes, there's a little group of anti-english fanatics in that province. Fortunately, they are very few. Don't let a very minority of stupid people make you have a bad opinion of quebecers.

Anyways, I'm so glad Quebec is a canadian province... imagine a hole country ruled by %/@&?*$ fuc*ers like the ones that threaten to make troubles to get the cancellation of these two english-speaking quebecer bands... Quebec is alomost 20% english and it should always be reflected on that day.

Finally, these two bands will play their music. Congratulation to the people organising the show for having not give up in front of these fanatics.

AncientWinds said:
Most of french quebecers did, in fact, condemned that crap. From the french newspapers to the Quebec's Parliament, almost everyone did. However, the fact is that yes, there's a little group of anti-english fanatics in that province. Fortunately, they are very few. Don't let a very minority of stupid people make you have a bad opinion of quebecers.

Just in case English isn't your first language, condone and condemn are two different words.  Condone is to accept, and condemn is criticize or express your non-acceptance of something.

AmmoTech90 said:
Just in case English isn't your first language, condone and condemn are two different words.  Condone is to accept, and condemn is criticize or express your non-acceptance of something.

Thank you very much for the precision. I first thought it was a typo. :)

English isn't my first language... but I'm trying to improve it.

templeton peck said:
Isn't Canada supposed to have some tough laws on hate crimes/speech? I guess it doesn't apply to Quebec?

Nope, doesn't apply in Quebec. Insult a Frenchmen, though, and you'll get  the crap beat out of you..funny how that works here.  ::)

"Quebec is alomost 20% english" - Perhaps but that percentage sure seems to be dropping at a fast rate. I'm jsut glad the two bands won the battle in this.

jmbest said:
Nope, doesn't apply in Quebec. Insult a Frenchmen, though, and you'll get  the crap beat out of you..funny how that works here.  ::)

Oh boy, and I thought the Tanya swerve was the stupidest thing I could read today but,....WOW, was I wrong.

jmbest said:

"Quebec is alomost 20% english" - Perhaps but that percentage sure seems to be dropping at a fast rate. I'm jsut glad the two bands won the battle in this.

http://www.gouv.qc.ca/portail/quebec/pgs/commun/portrait/modernesolidaire/droit/?lang=en
"No person may be the subject of discrimination or exclusion based on race, colour, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, civil status, age, religion, political convictions, language, ethnic or national origin, social condition, a handicap or the use of any means to palliate a handicap, or, in certain cases, a criminal record"

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Oh boy, and I thought the Tanya swerve was the stupidest thing I could read today but,....WOW, was I wrong.

T'was sarcasm, but I guess it fell short.

bah...atferall it's a party for the quebecers , not only the french quebecers...so as long as they are quebecers...that's fine

Neo Cortex said:
http://www.gouv.qc.ca/portail/quebec/pgs/commun/portrait/modernesolidaire/droit/?lang=en
"No person may be the subject of discrimination or exclusion based on race, colour, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, civil status, age, religion, political convictions, language, ethnic or national origin, social condition, a handicap or the use of any means to palliate a handicap, or, in certain cases, a criminal record"

Imagine if that was applied evenly and fairly in Canada (Quebec)? Empty words, sounds good, but just empty words.

templeton peck said:
Imagine if that was applied evenly and fairly in Canada (Quebec)? Empty words, sounds good, but just empty words.

It should be. There's absolutly no place in our society for discrimination.

Back