• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Money for Health Care

Infanteer said:
You're right, those days are gone.   A person could live off of an entry level job half a century ago because they didn't require anything near the level of luxuries which we in the West would consider normal.   People should understand that they can no longer live comfortably doing entry level jobs, if they want to, they should move to a country with a developing economy like Mexico that allows for this.   I am not too sure if I like the work ethic that seems to be developing in our economy in which I fear people may settle with being Starbucks workers.   People should recognize that they must be responsible to better themselves to provide for the standard of living they desire and remain competitive in a global economy.

Doesn't mean we should subsidize mediocrity for the sake of "equality".   That just harkens back to Marxism.

YOU ARE THE BEST IN ARGUMENTATION AND DEBATE , INFANTEER! I have 4 cousins. When they first came here from a third world country, they started working 13-14 hours a day. They have two or three jobs. While the husband pays the rent and spends the rest on food with some contribution from their spouses, they save the rest to buy a house. You know what. They were able to buy their houses in 5-6 years cash. Budget your money. Do not spend it on crap like beer, strip bars etc. So that was the moral of the story. Because you are such a superb debater, I recommend that you attend this conference on October 14-16, 2004. CASIS conference. Your comments will be highly appreciated. I wish I can cultivate you but I have no authority. I am just one of those food servers.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Nothing personally to yourself[ I'll save that for other means ;D]   ..unless you are one of the people who think its possible to keep a roof, have a spouse and raise a couple of children on 12 bucks an hour. Those days are gone.

sir! i beg to disagree but i am still subservient to you. If you give me orders to jump from a building. My answer will be: WHAT FLOOR DO YOU WANT, SIR!!

I have a suggestion, some sort of middle ground. The reason behind the law that covered universal coverage of health care quoting jean chretien, was that 'some people have to sell their houses if they get cancer". But the counter argument nowadays is that it is budget consuming. If in chicago public hospitals they treat your cancer free and that if ever by call of nature you get confined in a private they put you on charity ward or charity case[which i think is degrading], why not a middle ground. These have not been ttested but since the governmente is willing to spend on this no matter how much and that rich people wants some state of the art medical equipment which private hospitals can afford but all government hospitals sometimes can ill-afford, why not compensation for emergency cases. Two tier but in case you land in a private under emergency circumstances the goverment pays. Or a law passed which ssays to treat it as a charity case but quotas have to be imposed. WE ALL KNOW THAT WITHOUT USA MEDICAL RESEARCH , STATE OF THE ART MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY IS NOT POSSIBLE. WE ALL KNOW THAT THOSE US MEDICAL BOOKS WERE DONE USING PAINFUL RESEARCH. WE ALL KNOW THAT WE OWE MEDICINE TECHNOLOGY TO PRIVATE DRUG COMPANIES IN USA WHO SWEATED IT OUT , GAMBLED THEIR WAY AND INVESTED MONEY WHICH ITS RETURN STAYED UNCERTAIN. WE ALL KNOW THAT FIDEL CASTRO PLAGIARIZED ALL THOSE US MEDICAL BOOKS. WE ALL KNOW THAT AMERICA IS THE BEST IN INVENTING VACCINES. WE EXPLOIT THEM BY BEING RECIPIENTS OF MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY BY THEIR FREE RESEAARCH JOURNALS. PAY AMERICA BACK AND DO NOT PENALIZE THE RICH BY TAXES BECAUSE THEY ARE RICH. PENALIZE THEM IF THEY DO NOT PAY THEIR TAXES.!! :salute: :cdn: ;)

MY line of argument presumes that under two tier hybrid universal coverage law it also covers provisions for purchase of state of the art medical equipment

"Charity is biblically inspired. Matthew 6 "do not let the left hand know what the right is doing. " My father's doctor in USAnever uttered a word about it nor proclaimed it to the whole world that he was the one who sponsored my father for treatment. I gave him a wooden figurine. He said thank you! I said thank you too.

Back