• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Missing Petawawa Soldier Found

Inactive
Reaction score
From the Pembroke Daily Observer:

Missing soldier not found
Person disappeared at Petawawa Point during recreational dive Thursday

By ANTHONY DIXON
Local News - Saturday, April 08, 2006 @ 19:00

PETAWAWA The search for a diver, missing since late Thursday afternoon near Petawawa Point, continued on Friday.

The diver, a 24-year-old soldier from CFB Petawawa, was taking part in an organized recreational dive near where the Petawawa River meets the Ottawa River when he disappeared in the fast moving water.

The diver has not been found.

The Ontario Provincial Police, who are leading the search, have not released the person’s name.

Police said other people participating in the dive reported seeing the man looking distressed before he disappeared under the water and failed to resurface. The other dive participants immediately called 911.

The water in which he went missing is described as having a fast-moving current, being about 25-feet deep and having limited visibility.

The water search that began around 6 p.m. Thursday was suspended overnight.

He was found this morning around 1100 by the 2CER Dive Team.....

BZ to the OPP and 2 CER dive teams. Not a fun thing to have to do. Now his family and unit can have some closure.

*Remember do not post his name or unit until it is released officially*

How sad!!

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

Armymedic said:
*Remember do not post his name or unit until it is released officially*

Nema problema......I can't for the life of me try and pronounce it, but I won't mention which unit he's from until it's official news, which should be released tonight.

At least it was a fruitfull end to 3 days of continuous and body bashing diving by the 2CER Dive Team in the Petawawa River...

His name has been released.....MTF when news agencies catch up.

RIP

Thoughts and prayers for his family.

Regards

Ash....got your PM, thanks    ;)

Pte Padulo CAF from 3 RCR.

From A Channel Ottawa:

Body of Missing Diver Recovered

The body of a Petawawa man who has been missing since Thursday evening has been recovered from the Petawawa River. The victim is identified as 24 year-old Alex Padulo.

Members of the OPP Underwater Search and Recovery Unit and CFB Petawawa divers located the body around 10 am Sunday morning.

Padulo was participating in routine diving drills on the Petawawa River Thursday when he began to struggle in the fast moving current.

The victim was a soldier at CFB Petawawa, however he was participating in the drills as a member of a local recreational group.

Military officials say detailed information about Private Padleau will be made available Monday. His funeral is expected to take place in Toronto, where his family lives. A memorial service will be held at CFB Petawawa in the coming days.

Police say the investigation into his death continues.

Regards

I trained this soldier for a short stint on his DP1 Infantry. Too bad. RIP, Soldier.

Back