• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Missed November BMQ start.

badsector

Inactive
Reaction score
Well I was suppose to get sworn in today and start BMQ on Friday, but I guess it was not enough time to get all my stuff in check before I started.  Not a big deal, I start BMQ Jan 20th.  My question is, if SQ starts in June will I be done Basic before then?  Does everyone that starts in the winter entry slot all start SQ at the same time? 

thanks,

Your weekend BMQ will probably end around March/May. SQ could be run a few different times in the summer for your area, so you could do SQ with people from your BMQ, but others might choose to do it later in the summer, or next year, etc.

badsector said:
Well I was suppose to get sworn in today and start BMQ on Friday, but I guess it was not enough time to get all my stuff in check before I started.   Not a big deal, I start BMQ Jan 20th.   My question is, if SQ starts in June will I be done Basic before then?   Does everyone that starts in the winter entry slot all start SQ at the same time?  
thanks,
for reserves, your BQ, SQ & DP1 TQ courses are all 20 days long.
you will do your BQ 20 days between 20/01 and 31/05. From there, you should be able to take SQ & TQ courses between 01/06 and 15/08.

Keep your studies up - these courses have a tendency of tying up your time a fair amount and your school averages usually take a beating

I just graduated college in August,  so I am finally done with school.  I just need to find a job that won't can me for army training.

well... the only thing you truly need to tell your prospective employer is that the military training will improve you in many ways:
Physical condition,
Self motivation, initiative, teamwork & team spirit
Leadership skills, self confidence, Awareness in things that surrond you.

Make sure you play down the Hard drinking - which is something that may or may not happen, just like on civy street.

i was sworn in late too, and the kit is to show up this thursday, but i was told i was going with or without a kit..... i'm getting a lot of different answers for a lot of different stuff.

show up - with or without the kit. Wear comfortable clothes / shoes that you don't mind scuffing up a bit

If you don't show - you get recoursed 1, 2 or 3 months - not desirable IMHO

If you do show up without kit... the very worse they can do is give you a bit of attitude. Given that late swearing in was not your fault (?) they won't hold you responsible & they will look into getting you your gear by the following w/e

Back