• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Misheard song lyrics

Ex-Dragoon

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
Ever listen song that you heard one thing only to find they have said something else? Lets here them.

My latest is the Pussycat Dolls song when I Grow Up. In the chrous they sing:
When I grow up
I wanna see the world
Drive nice cars
I wanna have Groupies

i got most of it but where I bolded for the longest time I thought they were singing I wanna have Boobies...

Ooops  :-[

LMAO!  I thought it was Boobies too!  ;D

Steve Miller Band "Big old jet airliner"  To my 10 year old ears sounded like "Big old jam at a lineup"

Best misheard song lyric ever (I heard this one on the radio) "Smoke on the water...and fire in the sky" heard as "Slow motion Walter...the fire engine guy"

Ex-Dragoon said:
I wanna have Groupies

i got most of it but where I bolded for the longest time I thought they were singing I wanna have Boobies...

But back in the day when any self-respecting rock star partook of his ration of "Groupies" they came equipped with "Boobies".

No discussion of misheard lyrics cannot go by without a mention of Stairway to Heaven.... I only discovered (out of curiosity) what these were a year ago... and got it wrong right from the start - Of the posters here, what are your perceived versions of this one?
  To the list i can add Lil' Richard's Good Golly Miss Molly -- "She sure loves her home" - not quite  - "she sure loves her bone ". Made the mistake of using that one in a American culture class I taught - It's always the sweet, 21 year old blue-eyed innocent one in the class who asks "What's a bone?"

I heard Gertrude the groupie met roland the roadie :) (showing my age on that one) pretty sure she too has boobies  :eek:

As for mistaken lyrics...

Jimi Hendrix- Purple Haze.

...excuse me while i kiss the sky. ALA excuse me while i kiss this guy.

And everything from bob dylan.   ;D

The below site is full of this type of thing. It is hilarious.
http://kissthisguy.com/

The second verse in freebird by skynyrd always gets me...whether its playing on chez in my car, or when im jamming with the guys I went to univ. with.

I keep singing: "bye bye baby my sweet love"

when its: "Bye, bye, its been a sweet love"
(lyric source: Found Here

Also "you know you're right" by nirvana has a few reverbs that are always misheard.

From the TV show Friends:

Phoebe and Rachel are talking about the most romantic song ever and Phoebe asserts that it is the song that Elton John wrote for 'that guy on Who's the Boss?'. Rachel asks which song that would be, to which Phoebe sings, "Hold me close, young Tony Danza".  ;D  (Hold me closer, tiny dancer)

Toby Kieth,ihen he sings
Well all week long I'm a real nobody,
But I just punched out and its paycheck Friday,
Weekends here, good God almighty,
I'm going to get drunk and be somebody
Yeah, yeah, yeah

I thought he was singing-but I just punched out and its big chick Friday :-[

Northern Ranger said:
Toby Kieth,ihen he sings
Well all week long I'm a real nobody,
But I just punched out and its paycheck Friday,
Weekends here, good God almighty,
I'm going to get drunk and be somebody
Yeah, yeah, yeah

I thought he was singing-but I just punched out and its big chick Friday :-[

Frig...me too lol

How bout Nirvana...

Heart shaped box.

Hey wait, i'm not the real Kobain.  Or Hey wait i got some real cocain. Or hey wait i shot the real kobain.

(deleted for derailment of content train)

Cheers.

Well I wasn't referring to deliberate lyric changes, just misheard lyrics....

Hotel california - ''liver 'n onions at the Hotel California..."

From the Deep Purple song, Knocking at your back door....

Of a common cunning linguist

Ummm, I think I'll just leave the rest to your imagination......

Elton John, Bennie and the Jets - She's got electric boobs, a mohair suit...

Toby Keith, Should of been a cowboy - "Wearing my sexual, riding my pony on a cattle drive."  actually is "Wearing my six shooter, riding my pony on a cattle drive"

Nelly Furtado "Hung like a bird".

Back