• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

merit listed? any chance for Jan BMOQ?

new_man12

Inactive
Reaction score
I was told that I was merit listed for AEC last week.  Does this mean I have no chance at getting into the January 2009 BMOQ??

new_man12 said:
I was told that I was merit listed for AEC last week.  Does this mean I have no chance at getting into the January 2009 BMOQ??

From here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/36037.0.html

[quote author="NiTz"]
Ok... now that youre merit listed, you need to be selected, then they'll prepare your offer, send it back to your recruiting center, they'll call you to offer you the job, you'll accept it, then they'll tell you when your course will start. If it can give you an idea, I waited 6 months from application to the beginning of my course.[/quote]

This may help. I also recommend doing a search for "merit listed" on the forum as you should find some others who have timelines for you to view (as that thread does.)

I did a search.  But I wanted to know whether or not I still have a chance at the Jan 09 BMOQ?  I figured that since I didn't get an offer I got passed over for Jan and hence that's why I was merit listed...but I'm not quite sure.  Is everyone who is deemed qualified for a position put on the merit listed and then selected or are some given offers right away? 

new_man12 said:
I did a search.  But I wanted to know whether or not I still have a chance at the Jan 09 BMOQ?  I figured that since I didn't get an offer I got passed over for Jan and hence that's why I was merit listed...but I'm not quite sure.  Is everyone who is deemed qualified for a position put on the merit listed and then selected or are some given offers right away?   

Sorry, that wasn't the best wording. I should have said "do a search [if you haven't already done one]". As for BMOQ, as far as I know you have to be merit-listed before you're given an offer anyway. They merit-list good candidates, then narrow down from tht list, and send the narrowed ones offers.

Hopefully someone will more information on this than me will be able to give a more definitive answer :)

new_man12 said:

Merit listed on Friday for AEC myself. I had the same question

Well, this thread: http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/76386.0 was opened in May 08 asking about August 08. 3 months away there were 40+ spots open. At 1 month away, you may have a chance. It's all a numbers game (and I wish someone who had some experience with this would reply!) I know you're out there ;D

new_man12 said:

koopa said:
Merit listed on Friday for AEC myself. I had the same question

Wow, AEC is becoming popular.  ;D

Neo Cortex said:
Well, this thread: http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/76386.0 was opened in May 08 asking about August 08. 3 months away there were 40+ spots open. At 1 month away, you may have a chance. It's all a numbers game (and I wish someone who had some experience with this would reply!) I know you're out there ;D

There are 3 BMOQ dates for January, so there may still be a chance for koopa and new_man to get an offer in time for one of the later course dates. Fingers crossed.  :)

I was told that I was merit listed for Artillery CEOTP last week and the administrative person taking care of my file told me I was going on in January. She said: You'll receive a call from me soon for January BMOQ.

Hope this may help !

I think they processed all of the air factors in a batch or something.

Actually, missing the January BMOQ wouldnt be so bad. Spring weather is more pleasant (or is it not?)

CFRLS just opened up a third English BMOQ. Up to now there were no more spots available.

If you are merit listed and there are vacancies in your chosen occupation you should be selected very soon. AEC is OSL so your offer comes directly from the CFRC.

CFR FCS

Where do you see the list of open courses at CFRLS ? I'm French so English BMOQ is not fit to me. Is there any French BMOQ starting in January ? I hope the administrative chief corporal taking care of my file didn't mixed up with English and French course.

Thanks for answering !

I'm a secret Santa and just know these things. There a Franco BMOQ starting in January also.

CFR FCS

CFR FCS said:
CFRLS just opened up a third English BMOQ. Up to now there were no more spots available.

If you are merit listed and there are vacancies in your chosen occupation you should be selected very soon. AEC is OSL so your offer comes directly from the CFRC.

CFR FCS

Your posts are always the best. Thanks!

CFR FCS said:
I'm a secret Santa and just know these things. There a Franco BMOQ starting in January also.

CFR FCS

Its called looking on the DIN/DWAN on the National Calendar ........

Oops I think I've said too much got to run before those balck helicopters get me....................

bolt.gif

Thank you CFR FCS. Do you know exactly the date of that Franco BMOQ ?

Thanks again,

Narcisse

Franco BMOQ 5 Jan - 17 April in St. Jean. About 1/2 full as of this AM.

I was also Merit Listed for AEC mid-November and havent recieved an offer as of yet. I read somewhere on this site of someone ( I think "Stirling Dyer") receiving an offer on Dec 2nd for AEC. I believe he posted that his BMOQ date was Jan16th.

Rich

Back