• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merit boards for D.E.O.

Has anyone got the call since the board met last week?  For people who have already been given an offer, how long did it take after the board met to get in touch with you?  Hopefully offers will come rolling in and make everyone's holidays.  Good luck to everyone waiting for that call.

It took about a week and a half.  My recruiter was out of the office most of the time but the file didn't get back until after her anyway.

That was a long wait.  I have found the time to be flying away from me since getting the offer though.  So much to take care of before I go.

Rob

ThainC said:
You know it, Bro.  I'm hopin' to catch the Jan intake, since it seems I'll "know" a number of people headin' there.  You, and afew others from this forum.  Would be nice.  I'll be giving them a courtesy call/visit next week ;)

Hey buddy, any good news on an offer or no?

Negative, Mate.

It's only been one week and one day though.  I'm going to be either calling, or dropping by the CFRC this Friday.  This whole waiting thing is crazy ;) Not only that though, but my family, friends, and bosses are constantly asking me if I'm leaving in January so that sure as heck isn't helping the situation any either!

Hah! I know that feeling Thain, but yeah, you should be getting that call soon. Good luck.

ThainC said:
Negative, Mate.

It's only been one week and one day though.  I'm going to be either calling, or dropping by the CFRC this Friday.  This whole waiting thing is crazy ;) Not only that though, but my family, friends, and bosses are constantly asking me if I'm leaving in January so that sure as heck isn't helping the situation any either!

Damn yo, keep pestering them!  If anything, it'll show them that you are serious about joining...or that you're some sort of homicidal maniac and this is the only way to get a fire arm  :eek:
On second though, maybe keep the pestering to a minimum  ;D

Good luck man, there's still lots of time left, just remember that!

windsorftw said:
Damn yo, keep pestering them!

It's true. It's been over a year since I walked into the recruiting centre and most of the people there still know my first name when I call. In fact in my computer file says that I am persistent and anxious but highly understanding. That is the key, call and ask but be very understanding and polite. Remember, it is not the recruiter's fault that your file is being held up, be very grateful and polite to them for all they have done.

Cheers!

old man neri said:
In fact in my computer file says that I am persistent and anxious but highly understanding.

Better than, "stupidly annoying" I guess eh?  :cheers:

I prefer stopping by in person, especially since it seems the Cpl at the front desk knows me know - she's pretty nice and helps me get all the information I need.  So... Just gotta find the time to stop in while I'm on work... ;) I try and accomplish as many tasks on company time as possible! Hair cuts for example.... Hair grows on company time, it gets cut on company time! ;) (My job is cool like that, boss gives us "free" time to get things done so long as our workload is complete first)

ThainC said:
I prefer stopping by in person, especially since it seems the Cpl at the front desk knows me know - she's pretty nice

Ya ya, you got the hots for the desk clerk!  ;D 

Dang,

My front desk Cpl is a huge guy with a a snarl.  The best thing he did for me was show me how to do military pushups.

Dangit, don't I tell you this stuff in CONFIDENCE, Marty? :p Now you go announcing it to the whole community ;)

.... Besides.... you would too :p

I got my call! Armoured Officer for Jan 8th... I'll be swearing in on December 19th at CFRC Toronto!

What a rush it was! :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  ;D ;D

congrats!!!  you can train at the gym and party until January.   hope to get the call and see you there!

ThainC said:
Dangit, don't I tell you this stuff in CONFIDENCE, Marty? :p Now you go announcing it to the whole community ;)

.... Besides.... you would too :p
Erm, uhm, I didn't say anything...I don't know what you're talking about...ahem..
errr  :-[

You could have denied it :D
But hey, there's nothing wrong with that anyhow so  :p

Magravan said:
I got my call! Armoured Officer for Jan 8th... I'll be swearing in on December 19th at CFRC Toronto!

What a rush it was! :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  ;D ;D

Congrats bud!  At least your good news might be good news for all that are waiting a call and were starting to think it would be too late for the Jan course!  I'll be seein' ya in a month!
WOOHOO! 
:cdn:

Back