• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Technician ( Med Tech )

I agree with you 100% RiderPride. The problem is, I can't find any references anywhere that state that the CF protocols are the only one that should be used. I need something in writing or enough meat from how it works on other base / wings to build my case.

Im looking for anyone else that recently applied for med tech. Just looking to network and maybe keep in touch with progress! How far are you in application progress etc

I applied as a semi skilled Med Tech. Just finished my CFAT, Medical and interview (which went well); now mostly waiting to have my PLAR done right now.  :)

And you are female! Ahhh I loce it! My CFAT is april 15th! Im super nervous and incredibly excited!

Amanda winter said:
Im looking for anyone else that recently applied for med tech. Just looking to network and maybe keep in touch with progress! How far are you in application progress etc

Starting bmq on april 28th as unskilled med tech! Also female!  :nod:

Reviving this old thread again, thanks for the updated info. As a new recruit, it's great to hear up to date information. Bummer about having to leave behind beautiful Chilliwack, BC in favor of Moncton, NB (trust me, I've seen both places), but that's just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. Might I inquire as to where the information is on living arrangements while doing PCP course in Moncton? What is the hotel you stay at? Are we paying for it or is it free? Are you able to live outside these quarters, in favor of an apartment for example? A few nit picky questions, thank you in advance for any help at all!

You will be quartered at the Delta Hotel in Moncton while doing PCP.

It (and your rations) will be paid for by the Crown and will cost you nothing.

You will not be allowed to "live out" and your assigned quarters will be at the Delta.  Not sure why you would want to live out. The hotel Medavie EMS has sub-contracted with (and the CF approved) is quite nice... in fact maybe too nice. 

Chilliwack versus Moncton... just be happy North West Regional College in Meadow Lake Saskatchewan did not win the contract to provide PCP services to the CF H Svcs Gp  :)

MC

Saw it with my own eyes, they are starting to load Medic PATS on 404's. They can only slide 2 or 3 on each course without raising some eyebrows but it is better than nothing!!

Language training was denied... the focus is on base personnel, not students or PATS.

I did! Currently doing testing now, RC told me it wouldn't not be in the realm of possibilities I get in within the next couple months. Did you go through the paramedic program yet?

Treemoss said:
I did! Currently doing testing now, RC told me it wouldn't not be in the realm of possibilities I get in within the next couple months. Did you go through the paramedic program yet?

Negative, I accepted an unskilled position

I am applying for Med -Tech as well.  At present i am in month 5 of waiting on the PLAR.  I go in to the recruiting office tomorrow to ask more questions.

Nice. I missed the May intake, but I was told today that I should expect a phone call from them for the June/July intake for med techs. They are still getting my background check and PLAR done, but they assured me that once they get the ok from Halifax I'll be pulled in.

My PLAR has finally been completed.  British Columbia PCP course is equivalent to a partial QL-3.  I will have to complete the clinical, and field portions when BMQ has been completed. 

My recruiter stated that my file is now in the hands of the "Deck Commander", and I will be getting my merit list in the mail. 

I hope everyone else will have good news this week!  Have a great day!

I can not find what "PATS" or "404's" are.  Can someone please direct me to what these mean?  Appreciated!!

Terrance450 said:
I can not find what "PATS" or "404's" are.  Can someone please direct me to what these mean?  Appreciated!!

PATs - Personnel Awaiting Training;

404's - The military equivalent to a civilian drivers license.

Back