• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Tech

Smirnoff123 said:
He said that he still wants to go to college.

My impression was that the OP only wanted to go to college to get what is required for them to join as a Med Tech.  You can join the Reg F and still go to school, you know.

IMHO, his best bet would be to get the courses he needs to go Med Tech and join the Reg F and then see about taking college/university courses.  Then he won't have to worry about income.

"IMHO, his best bet would be to get the courses he needs to go Med Tech and join the Reg F and then see about taking college/university courses.  Then he won't have to worry about income."  You sound like a recruiter. if you join without taking the courses you want to in College, you will probably never take them. Quit sitting on the fence, join the reserves while you go to school. that way whichever one you do not like, you can drop. If you love both, great, join reg when you are ready. You will be a much better soldier if you do not join already harbouring regret.

kj_gully said:
"IMHO, his best bet would be to get the courses he needs to go Med Tech and join the Reg F and then see about taking college/university courses.  Then he won't have to worry about income."  You sound like a recruiter. if you join without taking the courses you want to in College, you will probably never take them. Quit sitting on the fence, join the reserves while you go to school. that way whichever one you do not like, you can drop. If you love both, great, join reg when you are ready. You will be a much better soldier if you do not join already harbouring regret.

I only said that because the member seemed to not be able to make a decision on his own and based on his (repetitive) posts here I feel that he will not be able to handle his finances very well and be out of college before he even starts.  Recruiter?  Nope, I would never tell someone to join as a Med Tech.  Please note that I am not a Med Tech, either.

Xoshua said:
Ok, well I sent in a Reserve Online Sign up to Thunderbay Ambulance Reserves.  Hope all goes well and I can talk to the recruiter there.  Next step is finish a bio course here now and once completed, go back home.  Too long here in the States, especially not being able to work here without a Greencard.  I'll post more when I get an answer.  Thank you again for the answers.  :salute:

Joshua Allen
hope everything works out well thunder bay is a awesome place. i live 5 minutes away from the armories. If you need any information about the city or anything don't be afraid to send me a message.

I am in a similar situation regards to high school.

This fall I am going back college to do Pre Tech (specifically catered for EMT)  to get me up to par for lack of high school. The recruiter told me to apply while in the course and once I passed ,I would be good.

Back