• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical question for ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.

protege121

Inactive
Reaction score
Kidney stones, what next.

Last Nov. I went into the recruiting off ice to fill out my paperwork. Got it all done and passed everything. I got a letter back from the medical offices which said because I had Kidney stones 2 years ago I may not be suitable. The letter said they would need more info from my doctor. At first I was so mad thinking why does this matter, there is no guarantee I will get them again or not, so I gave up. It is now Aug. and I have decided to go a head and get some tests done I don't want to give up this easy, So I’m going for an x-ray and an ultra sound. If all clear they said I would have a pretty good chance of getting in. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them? What do you guys think? Is there still hope for me or is my military career over before it starts? I'm 29 and not getting any younger. If this is in the wrong area sorry, and please move to the correct one.

Thanks in advance

Your INDIVIDUAL medical fitness for joining the CF can only be determined through the medical portion of the recruiting process and not through this board and the experiences of others.  If you want to join then reapply and see where the process takes you.

thats not what I'm asking. I have talked to them and they said to get more info from my doc. I was asking if anyone else has had problems like this and what was the out come. Just a general question that's all, I'm not asking for medical advise.that's

Have you read this?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2006/07/24/kidney-stones.html

protege121 said:
Is there still hope for me or is my military career over before it starts?

Well, yes, in part of your post, you ask other people about their experience, but not in the above part.
Kincanuck WORKED for a few (sorry, don't know how long) years in recruiting, and answered a LOT of questions
and saw (as I) a lot of WRONG answers to that type of question. So, in fact, he is trying to save YOU
to think that what some people will answer to you will be correct...

OK I see what you mean, It's just frustrating you want to get in so bad and something that I feel is small may hold me back. I will find out in a few weeks and then I will see. Thanks for the comments. :salute:
Also thanks Judy that was interesting to see.

Funny you should mention kidney stones - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/49135.0.html.

That might answer some questions.

MM

Thanks medicineman, that was a good article. I guess I will just have to see what happens and hopefully it works out for me.

protege121 said:
Thanks medicineman, that was a good article. I guess I will just have to see what happens and hopefully it works out for me.

Just like you were told in the first reply...funny how that works !!

kincanucks said:
Your INDIVIDUAL medical fitness for joining the CF can only be determined through the medical portion of the recruiting process and not through this board and the experiences of others.  If you want to join then reapply and see where the process takes you.

Question answered....topic locked.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back