• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

medical, injury

apreap

Inactive
Reaction score
I have just received a call regarding my application. I have to go to the recruiting center for some fingerprints. My problem is that i had just had an accident a two weeks ago, now I'm back home after a week in the hospital. I have tree compressed vertebra's, that restrict me from lifting heavy objects and perform at my best. Would the army refuse my application, or will they give me a chance to do my physical fitness test when i get better? approx. 3-4  months

Have you tried calling the recruiting centre and explained your situation.  As they are the only people that can give you the definitive answer.

apreap said:
I have just received a call regarding my application. I have to go to the recruiting center for some fingerprints. My problem is that i had just had an accident a two weeks ago, now I'm back home after a week in the hospital. I have tree compressed vertebra's, that restrict me from lifting heavy objects and perform at my best. Would the army refuse my application, or will they give me a chance to do my physical fitness test when i get better? approx. 3-4  months

A little confusing.  I wondered why you couldn't do your fingerprints, due to not being able to do any heavy lifting.  I then tried to figure out what a tree had to do with this problem.  

Why don't you explain your problem to the CFRC staff when you go in for your fingerprints, and find out what timeframe you are looking at before you are enrolled.  I am sure 3-4 months will be fine with them, but you will have to ask them, not us.

George Wallace said:
A little confusing.  I wondered why you couldn't do your fingerprints, due to not being able to do any heavy lifting.  

Maybe we are using some form of Chinese ink with lots of lead in it ?

You can expect to speak with the CFRC/D medical staff, and be required to bring additional medical info from your doctor on the condition, and the details of the recovery. Talk to the person handling your file, let them know that you won't be able to take your physical fitness test for 3-4 months, and they will put your file on hold. Check in with them towards the end of the time, and let them know if you need more time.

The important thing is to recover from your injury, and build towards a fitness level to pass the test. Don't ignore the doctors advise, and don't try to hide it from the CFRC staff - they want you to pass, not injure yourself for life.

If the CFRC staff are asking for fingerprints, there will be a delay, separate from the delay for your injury.

George Wallace said:
A little confusing.  I wondered why you couldn't do your fingerprints, due to not being able to do any heavy lifting.  I then tried to figure out what a tree had to do with this problem.  

Pardon my spelling “three vertebras" not tree. and thank you

BC Old Guy said:
If the CFRC staff are asking for fingerprints, there will be a delay, separate from the delay for your injury.

Isn’t fingerprints part of the enhanced reliability check? ???

apreap said:
Isn’t fingerprints part of the enhanced reliability check? ???

???

Fingerprints are sometimes required, but seldom during the Recruiting process.  They will be required later if you require a Security Clearance.

I had to do my fingerprints before doing my CFAT medical and interview... although I am shooting for SigOp...

Nites

Fingerprints may be part of the enhanced reliability check and as they take at least 3 months to come back, your wait will be concurrent with the wait for your physical recovery.  So it all works out assuming they send in your prints now.

Back