• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medals - CLIP???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toronto_NCO

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me out...

Out unit is looking to purchase a bunch of those little silver "medal clips"  that are used on commonly used on medal parades (presenting of)....

Its the little hanger with two pins that fasten into the DEU Jacket....it allows the medal being presented to be hung on the DEU jacket vice pinned into it directly.

Does anyone know the proper name for this doohickey?  Also, if there is a NSN or supplier you know of please let me know this info as well!

Thanks all..

AH

Try explaining it this way....

You (to storesman) - "Hey, you know that hoo-hah that you see guys getting medals pinned to their chest without actually pinning them on their uniforms?"

Storesman - "Yeah, I know those hoo-hahs...Noone really knows what they're called, but I know what you mean. How many do you need?"

The End.

Cheers!!!

I'm sorry.
HH

Hmmm.... medal hangers?

have someone go see the base tailor....

Medal Hangars... seems easy enough...!

Base tailor...good avenue to explore..thanks

I guess we'd buy about 200 which would last us a long time.
AH

Clasp, Presentation, Medal.  ;)

They have a stock number and can be ordered by your Unit. I'll PM you the SN tomorrow and you can have one of your Unit's SCA holders order them in against the account. These items are normally held either by the Units QM, O.R. or the CSM for use during presentation parades.

I know they come in bags of 100ea last time I had to order them. I'll have to call Gagetown and get them to read me the SN off the bin we kept them in there because I just don't happen to have it memorized...go figure.  :D

Vern

Sorry dude,

The SN will have to wait until tomorrow as I have been given drugs (all legal of course) and kicked out of the workplace by the resident Nurse....flu. I'll pull it up and post when I'm back to work.

Sorry about that.

Vern

This is the only one I can find in CGCM

8455-21-870-3607 HOOK ATTACHMENT,PRESENTATION, U of I EA, cost $1.00

Hope this helps

That could be it with a new name on the CFSS.

Give this part to your QM:

218703607 (That's the part that they'll need to order them in)

UI is ea (each) though but they come in bags of 100. (They'll need this too)

Last time I ordered they were a depot stocked item so the $1.00 cost is irrelevant when ordered through one of the SCA accounts for your Unit.

Thanks fellow OHSer  ;)

No problems. Slow day at work so I had the time.

Besides, we have to look after one another.

Looking at your profile, I'd say that we where a year or two  ;)ahead of you

211RadOp said:
Looking at your profile, I'd say that we where a year or two   ;)ahead of you

No doubt...people in them pictures on the wall with the funny clothes and weird hair  :warstory:

Yes Des,

And there are a great many of us OHSers on this forum. A great many.

as interesting as trips down memory lane are....... ;D

army.ca staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back