• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

marksman?

Reaction score
i got a question if anyone knows... do u need a certain score on the PWT 3 to get the cross rifles sewn on ur DEU? and if so what score out of 49. and im not refering to the marksman badge, the marksman badge has the cross rifles with the crown on top, im referring to JUST the cross rifle badge. thanks for your help

No, you don't need a certain score.  It's enough for the range staff that you actually showed up, and got the mag into the rifle.

so, your focus on going to the range is so you can wear something on your sleeve?

Sorry only folks that use proper English, including capital letters and punctuation, are entitled to Crossed Rifles.

Cross rifles are just a wee bit upset.  ;D

Sharpshooter, was the rank on the PWT back in the day, that allowed for crossed rifles.  I do not believe it is in existance anymore.

paracowboy said:
so, your focus on going to the range is so you can wear something on your sleeve?

i already did my PWT 3 and scored a 41/49, i was just curious because ppl in my unit were talking about this the other night so i decided to see if anyone knew for sure.

gotcha. Your wording in the first post kinda sounded like you were badge-huntin'.
Good shootin'.

Here's the Shoot To Live programme with the full details.  To summarize:

STAGE 2â ”ELEMENTARY APPLICATIONS AND PWT 2
For personal weapons it is the only stage in which night firing may be tested and the only stage where a marksman score is awarded.

PWT 2
1. Total rdsâ ”45.
2. Scoring:
a. HPSâ ”55.
b. Marksmanâ ”46.
c. Passâ ”33.

Surprisingly:

20. All soldiers within the Army of the rank of Sergeant and below who achieves a pass with their personal weapon on the PWT 2 but did not achieve the marksman score are considered a first class shot and are authorized to wear the crossed rifles badge.

Sharpshooter, was the rank on the PWT back in the day, that allowed for crossed rifles.  I do not believe it is in existance anymore.

Untill they see me shoot  8)

I miss the Warrior Testing. At least that showed who was a good troop and who was average, and it was dispalyed right there on your DEU :-[

I was gonna say it but MP 00161 beat me to it. Marksman still does exist and its based on the PWT 2 not 3

I just shot this weekend for annual IBTS. There's a new Personal Weapons Test.. level 3 is now called PWT-2 and you fire about 115 rounds. It includes shots from the 400m prone, LOTS of serials from the kneeling, and lots of snap shooting. Pass is 76, marksman is 92, top score of 108 or something.

Back