• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Marder IFV (From: Dragoons = Mechanized Infantry?)

Black Watch

Inactive
Reaction score
Kirkhill said:
We ended up where we are because we put "infantry" into armoured, tracked trucks and called it mech infantry following American practice.  The Americans however, also created something called armoured infantry dedicated to the IFV Bradley.  The Brits followed as did the Russians and everybody else.  All following Germany's lead with its Panzergrenadiers and the Marder.  Some Americans are now referring to the Armoured Infantry as Dragoons.

The marder was a anti-tank veh with a 75 or 88mm canon mounted on e pz 2 chassis. The veh you are talking about is the KMPF 251, a half-track veh mounted by 8 soldiers and equiped with 2 mg's (I know this for shure, my grandfather did serve into one of those

Edited to trim the quote down to only the referenced para.

Marder IFV: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/marder1a3.htm

Note: The Nazis were long defeated before Germany built this to fight along side the Leopard 1.

MCG said:
Marder IFV: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/marder1a3.htm

Note: The Nazis were long defeated before Germany built this to fight along side the Leopard 1.

Oh I thought that budy was talking avbout WWII veh...sorry

No problem Black Watch.

Interesting Claybot.

Hey Black Watch do you know your AFV (or anyone reading these threads) the Marder is an AIFV and it is armed with a 30mm gun!

BITTER PPCLI CPL said:
Hey Black Watch do you know your AFV (or anyone reading these threads) the Marder is an AIFV and it is armed with a 30mm gun!
I was reffering to Marder I,II,andIII, wose were at veh used by German AT coys during WWII...My bad, I wixed those. Please forgive me

IIRC the new marder has an upgrade to 30 mm just for the fun of it, those pesky germans
R711 OUT

Bitter, were you in 2VP when we used to train at Shilo while the germans were still there? They used to keep a bunch of their marders and Leo2 in a compound on the base.

Unfortunately no, I seen them when the Leopard 2's just before they left for good, pretty darn cool! It would even be cooler to see the 2A5's in action!

Back