• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Making Combat Clothing Better

Those Mark II combat shirts died a relatively eary death

No fanfare was made when they were put into the supply network so soldiers showing up in QM for a replacement shirt got the pocketless / tuck into your pants kind of shirts for the 1st time....

All it took was an RSM at CTC Gagetown to a few of them on one of his parades one day....

"What is that?"
"Send em back?"

So a bunch of the boys went to QM and asked for "standard" "normal" shirts.

PhilB said:
are you serious  :eek: ? airsoft  :eek: ? really  :eek: ? wow!

::)

AHAHAHA!

The Canadian Airsoft Regiment rears it's head once again....I'm assuming you're Captain Sonic...heheheh

HAHA, I guess you play curling? Ya, I'm the capt of my team. You going to laugh at me now, how about we keep the the subject instead of personal attacks and insults and stop the thread jaking :salute:. ;)

Heheh, I'm still giggling, but I'll be good Ex-D, I promise....

I personally would just be happy with the arm pockets, and I'd like to see better and more Pen slots in the pockets, something like is on the inside of the breast pocket of the Gore-tex Jacket.

Sig_Des said:
I personally would just be happy with the arm pockets, and personally, I like to see better and more Pen slots in the pockets, something like is on the inside of the breast pocket of the Gore-tex Jacket.

Pen slots?  ;D Good idea. Although I'm sure the infantry guys have some higher priority requirements for our shirts!!  ;)

I'm sure, but from personal experience, people are always digging around for a pen...and if you get an order to move to whatever grid or get an order for fire support at a certain grid, a quick-access pen is always good to record the GR.

+1

Pen slots inside a covered pocket on the arm would be mighty useful for certain trades. I loose pens all the time in the field and it is mighty annoying.

The Librarian said:
Pen slots?  ;D Good idea. Although I'm sure the infantry guys have some higher priority requirements for our shirts!!  ;)

The guys are right Vern.  There is nothing more annoying than loosing pens and markers to the bottom of the turret when you need one.  And you need more than one slot, as we use Red, Blue and Black most of the time and Green and Yellow, not to mention the pencil at other times.......then there are the Mini Maglites.

Map Pockets are another story.

George Wallace said:
The guys are right Vern.  There is nothing more annoying than loosing pens and markers to the bottom of the turret when you need one.  And you need more than one slot, as we use Red, Blue and Black most of the time and Green and Yellow, not to mention the pencil at other times.......then there are the Mini Maglites.

Map Pockets are another story.

Oh I know, for I am a trained quiller.

I'm just saying that some others may have some higher priority mods to make first.  ;)

Now here's a suggestion...don't shoot me!

Develop a combat shirt that is fitted with no pockets designed to be worn with body armour and/or tactical vests, and worn exclusively for field exercises and combat operations...

And for garrison, have a uniform khaki "dress" shirt with breast pockets, collar, epaulettes, etc., to be worn with the combat pants.  The shirt could be made of a poly/cotton blend that does not require ironing if taken from the dryer right away, like my civy uniform shirts.  Kinda like the old garrison dress, but more practical.

Ok, I got my flame-retardent suit on! :flame:

The Librarian said:
Sorry RR,

That would make sense. It'll never fly.

Wow...here I thought it was so irrational, only a general would like it!  ;D

RangerRay said:
Wow...here I thought it was so irrational, only a general would like it!  ;D

I'm pretty sure that there is another thread where something much like your below suggestion was bantered about. One uniform type for operational purposes; and another for garrison.

MedTech said:
Daves Army Surplus has one in CADPAT if you want it ;)

Medtech I have looked on their website but cant find anything like that. Do you have a link, or is this something you saw in store? Do they have it in AR and if so any idea how much?

If I remember correctly..there were a similar situation a few years ago...one dress for garnison...and one Field uniform (green olive combat).

The coat was green camo..and the boots looked like  US para boots or something a like that....it did not last long...and if my memory is accurate...it was time were there were the beige summer uniform...

correct me if I'm wrong but I was not in the system at that time...

mysteriousmind said:
If I remember correctly..there were a similar situation a few years ago...one dress for garnison...and one Field uniform (green olive combat).

The coat was green camo..and the boots looked like  US para boots or something a like that....it did not last long...and if my memory is accurate...it was time were there were the beige summer uniform...

correct me if I'm wrong but I was not in the system at that time...

Obviously not. That was a over a decade ago!! You speak of the 'duck hunter' garrison jacket and the garrison boots, back in the time of tan DEUs and SSF boots. Early 90s mein freund.  ;)

I guess what I was proposing was a more practical form of the old garrison dress, but without the high maintenance of the old one.  Use the CADPAT trousers, with a "wash n' wear" khaki uniform shirt, and the issued combat boots...and when colder, wear with the sweater and/or combat jacket.  No ironing or spit-polishing required!

Anyways, I hope I'm not getting this thread off topic!  It is half of the solution to adopting a purely practical combat shirt, that may not be suitable to garrison.

RangerRay

Why don't we just forget that idea all together and stick with what we got; an easily maintained uniform.  Not Two.  Not three.  Not Four different dresses for Garrison.  Just the ONE we have now for Garrison and Field.

If you are worried about getting dirty, then put on your issued COVERALS.

Back